Mom of toddlers: ready to get healthy

Options
SarahLou4211
SarahLou4211 Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been on MFP for years on & off. I'm ready to get back in the shape I was before having my Irish twins. They are now 4 & 3 so it's beyond time!! I'd love to meet new people & motivate each other. I'd like to lose about 70lbs.
Posting from south west Michigan, USA! ❤

Replies

• jmar2388
    jmar2388 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Sarah I'm Juan. I've also been on and off for some time now with MFP. I'm also looking for motivational people, I believe it helps a great deal. You can add me if you choose, good luck with your goals.
  • laurajade709
    laurajade709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura, aged 21, mummy of a 7 month old! I'm back on MFP to lose half a stone and then tone up more than anything. It's also a guide to help me look at what I'm eating, instead of just eating the cupboard away! It's a great motivation for me to see others achieving! Feel free to add and I'll follow your progress too!
  • meghannrose220
    meghannrose220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 3 babies 10 weeks, 1, & 4. Starting too. It's so hard even being home full time to take care of myself too, but if I don't start now I won't be much help to them. I'm really excited about restarting this journey now that I'm done having babies!
  • mel_her
    mel_her Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melissa and I have been with MFP for quite some time. It really helped me last year to get toned up, but I am in need of dropping my body fat percentage to a healthier level. I have never joined a group on here and would like to try it this year. Add me and we can help each other :)
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah!

I have about 70 to lose too. My kids are 7 months and 2 years and now that we're done having kids I really want to have them learn better habits and have a good role model in me! Very excited and motivated, but would love the support. Feel free to add me.
  • carameldeluxe
    carameldeluxe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all.... a mum of a 2 and 3 year old. Both pregnancy left me 50 pounds heavier, diabetes 2 and high blood pressure. Although I'm managed to lose 25 pound, and get off meds since my last child .... weight has been going up. Need help and support? Me too.!
    Feel free to add me. More support the better.
  • jacquelineh388
    jacquelineh388 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of two. One is two while the other is one month old. I've got lots to lose. Honestly, needed to lose it before pregnancy lol. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • jsnipes78
    jsnipes78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jay. I'm from Illinois. I am a mother of 2 year old twins. It is way overdue for me to get back on track.
  • DixieDeeShmaker
    DixieDeeShmaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have Irish twins!! They are 3 and 2! Plus an 11 month old. Seeing someone in a similar situation helps keep me motivated!
  • SarahLou4211
    Options
    Whoa!! @DixieDeeShmaker you have Irish triplets!!
  • DixieDeeShmaker
    DixieDeeShmaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh my!! How have I survived lol! I'm like a single parent because my husband always works. But i need to get my health together!!
  • ProMama5
    ProMama5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You ladies are amazing. I'm drowning with my one toddler. I have four more girls between the ages of 8 and 11 but it's the toddler that drains me.

I've spent so much focus over the years on good nutrition for my kids while neglecting myself. It's time to face it and take charge of my health and weight. Feel free to add me any of you. I can be a little shy about putting myself out there but I am an excellent cheerleader.
  • SarahLou4211
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for adding me @ProMama5 !!! We can encourage each other!
  • KThompson042310
    KThompson042310 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. Mom of 3 here. 4,3, and 11 months. I am so tired of feeling and looking the way I do and want to set a good example for my daughters. Also looking for motivation. I'm over making excuses.
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 & 3 year old and 18 & 16 year old. It gets a bit chaotic here and I lose focus and once that happens it's back to the same habits!!
  • haleyj089
    haleyj089 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am a mother of a 6 year old and a 4 month old, starting my weight loss journey too! Would love to find other mom's to add to MFP!
  • AmandaTucker127
    AmandaTucker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a mom of a 3 year old and a foster mom to a 3 year old and 10 month old. It's so hard to get that energy to exercise after chasing 3 littles around all day, and Lord knows I'm not a morning person so working out in the mornings is difficult as well. Would love to have other moms in a similar situation to help cheer each other on! I have about 30 I need to lose before I go into IVF in the next year. (Not for health purposes, just to feel better about resulting pregnancy weight gain)