Complications? PLEASE HELP

Options
So, I never really had a scale so during my weight loss journey, I only weighed myself maybe 4 times. I then got looser with my progress and stopped sort of. This went on for around, 3 months. I recently bought a scale and it showed I weighed 12 pounds less than what I expected!
How is that possible?
Also, I feel like I've gotten fatter around my belly and pictures don't show any weight loss :( could someone explain this? Where did this "weightloss" come from?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    The weight loss came from your body. Maybe you are not happy with your body composition and that's why you don't see a loss. A progressive weight training program will help with that.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Poor posture caused by too much screen time?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How long were you losing weight? How much did you lose? What did you "expect" to weigh? Most likely, the reason you don't weigh what you expected to is because your expectations were inaccurate. There also is a difference of up to 5 lbs between different scales. The time of day and conditions (clothing, before or after eating, bathroom, etc) can easily make a 5-10 lb difference in weight.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Your weight loss came from you not eating enough food. If you weren't tracking your food intake, you were eating a lot less than you thought you were. Even if you were tracking, were you honest with your logging efforts? If your activity status changed as well this too can be the part of the reason.

As far as belly issues, this might could be the last place you lose weight.. I recommend taking a look at your body and seeing what goal you want to achieve. If its not to lose any more weight or even gain some of it back, set this up in MFP and consider a progressive weight training program as mentioned above and start keeping up with your food intake in MFP.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    You got a new scale, so some of that difference may be scale-to-scale variation. Not likely to be all 12 pounds, but if the old scale read 2 pounds high and the new one 2 pounds low, that'd be a 4 pound difference.