Calling all 65+ females

Options
CAR513
CAR513 Posts: 6 Member
Any 5'2, 65+, female success stories, 50# plus?

Replies

• shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 66, a 58 lb. Loss here..Since April 2016
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    CAR513 wrote: »
    Any 5'2, 65+, female success stories, 50# plus?

Sorry, ONLY 63. I see you posted on my success story. You can do this too. Don't let anyone tell you that age is a factor.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Here I am! 5'2.5" tall. 67 years old. 47-50 lbs. (fluctuations) lost over 15 months. In maintenance for almost 2 years now. Started at 179.
  • CAR513
    CAR513 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks to all, your success inspires me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Does 61 yo and 149 lbs qualify?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I fall short in all 3 categories :'(
    5'1, 63yo, 30lbs lost.
    Been maintaining for 6+ years. Hooray.

It really is just a matter of -
    having a reasonable calorie goal.
    Accurate logging with a digital scale
    Forgiving yourself when you go over
    Sticking with it even when the scale won't cooperate.

Optional, but highly recommended

Getting a bit of cardio in- a brisk 20 min walk will do it, good for cardio vascular health. Find something you like and can do consistently, or if you are not big on cardio, try different classes and just keep moving.

Doing some kind of resistance work. Good for those muscles and bones. I started with cardio/resistance= Aquafit, Pilates, aerobics, etc. Moved on to hand weights and body weight, and now lift heavy things.

I found eating food I liked just in smaller portions and making sure I got plenty of protein for muscle retention worked well for me.

As far as exercise is concerned, I am not a fan, but I do it consistently for the real life benefits. I just change up what I want to do every 3-4 months- the variety and learning new things keeps me interested. I have also, much to my amazement, found I like classes. I never thought I would, too bit-chy, and judgemental. They aren't they are friendly and fun- who would have guessed.

There a quite a few people over 60 on this forum. We are generally friendly and more than willing to give our help. So don't think you are alone.

Cheers, h.

ETA: @lorrpb your concise little post gave my a big grin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!