what are your favourite meals to eat when trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the same things ive always eaten .... just less of it.
  • sazmcgee
    sazmcgee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lentil chili. Only 307 calories per portion and really filling if you have it with brown rice or tacos. Yum!
  • hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat a some of the same foods and lot of new stuff so I can get more for the calories. I eat breakfast around 430 and have a snack of almonds around 8 and they hold me over till lunch at 11. Love those things!
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Everything
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a new found love of salad after buying Salad Love from amazon, it's a great book that's completely revolutionised my lunches and I am now obsessed with making new leafy and fruity creations. Before I bought it I had Greek salad or chicken salad as my go too lunches and rapidly got bored but not any more! Would fully recommend to anyone.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your salad days are just starting!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nothing on the plate! Works every time.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of beans; black beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, but lentils especially. They're so high in protein and fiber, keep you full... and regular.
  • neversaynever_43
    neversaynever_43 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili. I make a big batch, measure it and freeze it and is take for lunch. Very filling.
  • TrevorRitter71113
    Options
    sweet potatoes, gold potatoes, red potatoes, egg whites
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Everything I used to eat, just maybe with small changes (like less cheese and sour cream on my Mexican food) and in proper portions. I still have pizza, Mexican, Italian, comfort foods and all of that. I just plan to be sure it fits my calories and plan for the day.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I eat many of the same foods, but prepare them differently to hit the lower calorie mark. I tend to go with Mexican or Tex-Mex flavors. Increasing my fiber + fat helps me feel full when I'm eating at a deficit.

Salads with shredded chicken and black bean salsa.
    Burrito bowls with meat, beans, veggies, cheese, and salsa
    Tacos or enchiladas with leaner grilled meat

I also lighten up comfort foods - skinnytaste.com for recipes

Lots of eggs and egg dishes too. Frittatas filled with veggies and cheese, adding eggs to soup to increase the protein. Roasted red potatoes, Brussels spouts, and a little bacon or ham topped with poached eggs is delightful :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers meals are the best.
    Lasagna for 350 calories? Yes please!

How many grams is that? I ask, because I've been eating lasagna from Costco, but splitting it in half so only 220 cals per day. The tray is 440. And I'm guessing it's a fair bit cheaper than WW.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    And to answer the OP, for the most part I'm also eating the same things, just less of them. But I have stopped drinking coke etc. simply because I find it hard to fit the calories in so I dropped it completely. I'm sure I've dropped other things as well, mostly fast food lunches. Again, I'm having trouble fitting them into the daily calories so I gave up trying.

• VodkaAddictx
    VodkaAddictx Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy chicken and rice.. or salmon dinners plenty of veg x
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My current fave is a slice of sourdough toast with half a smashed avocado on top alongside a bowl of homemade lentil soup. So easy and satisfying!
  • runshellersrun123
    runshellersrun123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian chili
    Quinoa salads
    Black bean burgers without a bun
    Raw veggies and yogurt dip
    Healthy soups with a pinch of cheese
    Smoothies for breakfast
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For the most part I eat close to the same, just smaller portions or bulk up the meal with veggies (I am also a huge fan of roasted veggies - so good!) I also try to make my meals a healthier version of whatever the family is eating, so for example, if we are having tacos, I just make mine into a taco salad (no shell). If we are having pasta, I make mine with spaghetti squash, etc. I also eat a lot of soups - easy to bulk up with veggies or beans and keep you full.

I have added some new healthy recipes to my rotation now as well. One of my favorites is to cook chicken breasts in the crock pot with some buffalo sauce. When done I shred the chicken and serve over a baked (or micro) sweet potato. Put some shredded mozzarella on top and bake till cheese is bubbly. If I have extra calories I also add some blue cheese crumbles - YUM!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Anything I feel like. Weight loss isn't about the foods you eat/don't eat.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and large salad (with cheese, meat, and olive oil) almost everyday. I try to fill up with necessary things first.