Ready to begin this long battle

Options
Hello Everyone,
First off I want to say thank you for all the encouraging words I have read so far. In regards to my dieting, the term "yo-yo" definitely explains it. I was 289 at my highest weight after my first three years of college and nursing school. I blame it all on the stress! Not the fact I was a manager of an ice cream store. I got down to 230 before graduation. Got a job in a new city where I didn't know many people. Got down to 215. Joined weight watchers for two weeks, got down to 200. Went on vacation and didn't return to weight watchers but returned to my crazy lifestyle, back up to 215. Joined this site Tuesday July 12th, am limiting my calorie intake to 1300, and have been exercising more than I ever have in my entire life and actually feeling good, down to 206. I joined MyFitnessPal because a doctor that I work with has had great results using it. He said reading the success stories was what inspired him. In regards to my family, all I can say are skinny mini's! I was blessed with the thyroid disorder. Don't remember the day I was less than 200. Now I am motivated to get past that point! Any encouraging words, healthy recipes, etc would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Replies

• chetsbabe
    chetsbabe Posts: 2
    Options
    You can do this! Stick to your calorie intake and keep up on the message boards. Friends will see you through to your goal!!
  • OpenWindow
    OpenWindow Posts: 15
    Options
    I know for me, once I started seeing my calorie logs right there in front of me, so I was SO much more conscious of what I was putting in my mouth. It really has helped me. We all have our low days, but being on here has REALLY helped me. You'll do great :)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I can completely related to your story, my family is military and I feel like a giant next to them!! Good luck to you on your journey, you can do it!! :happy:
  • mmccullough2
    mmccullough2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear of your successful completion of nursing school. Your faithful work is paying off. Congrats on your decision to take care of yourself.
  • 1MissTT
    1MissTT Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you can do it! message me anytime! talking to people about what they are doing helps me and keeps me motivated!
  • rlbean
    rlbean Posts: 2
    Options
    You can do it!! Congrats on your success so far!
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    My sights are set on being below 200 too! We can do it! :smile:
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming a nurse and choosing to take care of yourself! You can do it!!!!!

I joined MFP a little over a month ago and i have lost 13.6lbs, I already feel better. This site makes me accountable to myself and my "pals", let your "pals" see your food diary and they may be able to offer up lower calorie alternatives. My current weight is 240.5 and my goal weight is 155. I am in this for the long haul. Feel free to friend me if you would like and I will be supportive in your journey.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    good luck.:huh: just being a nurse will work the weight off you. with a low cal in take you will do great
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome!

We're all here to provide assistance and support. Just let me know how I can be of personal assistance.

Hank
  • wantstobthin
    Options
    Hi everybody, im looking to add new friends to keep me motivated. I joined this site friday and i wished i had found it sooner. Last year i lost 35 lbs before going on a cruise and gained 40 back. I need help and lots of support. :happy:
  • monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    Welcome! Wish you all the best :)
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far. You've come a long way & should be proud even if you did put some weight back on. Just stay focused & motivated & you will achieve your goals. I wish you continues success.
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Hello arizonastatejenn....welcome!

You can do this!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • trailriderdee
    Options
    You can do it! I'm so ready to be in the under 200 get the yoyo under control club myself! I just moved over to this site from sparkpeople, this site is more user friendly from what I've seen so far, and with accountablility logged right in front of your face, as long as you log on daily, you can't lose! Or rather you WILL lose! :smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy: