What vitamins and why.

Options

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I take gummy candy multivitamins with my kids every morning, cause they taste good and probably some benefit, vitamin D cause winters in Canada suck and it's cold. And also melatonin some nights cause I recently had sleeping issues due to stress.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Well I have Crohn's and am on a low fiber diet with other restrictions so eat very little vegetables so I take a multi. I have d and b12 deficiencies so I take those as well as being anaemic so I take iron.
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Calcium, magnesium and zinc (all in one pill), fish oil, flaxseed oil, vitamin D and B complex. Multi at night. Melatonin before bed. Knock on wood I have been VERY healthy, no colds, viruses or flus for almost 18 months since I started taking vitamins regularly.
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Husband and I both take fish oil (it helps with joints and we both lift so it seems to help with recovery) and B 12 for an energy boost.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, a b-complex, and vitamin d. My multi contains both b and d, but i'm vegetarian living in scandinavia, so i definitely need more than is included.

Sometimes i take krill oil because i have dry eyes and eczema.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Women's multivitamin. Because every doctor I have ever had has encouraged me to take one.
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    new chapter women's daily.. just to make up for any holes in nutrition my diet has.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Daily:
    - Probiotic (Garden of Life Primal Defense, sometimes a second one if my GI tract is really acting up)
    - Restore for Gut Health
    - Vitamin D (NOW Foods Extra-Strength Liquid D-3)
    - Magnesium (Garden of Life Relax and Restore Whole Food Magnesium)
    - Joint Supplement (Garden of Life FYI for Joints)
    - Fish Oil (Nordic Naturals Arctic D liquid Cod Liver Oil)
    - Digestive Enzymes (depends on the type/size of the meal)
    - B complex (Bluebonnet B Complex 50)

Because I'm sick right now:
    - Vitamin C (NOW Foods C 1000)
    - Garden of Life Sinus Support
    - House brand "Congest-Eze" tincture
    - Theives essential oil
    - Zinc Elderberry tablets

Workout stuff:
    - Garden of Life Energy and Focus preworkout
    - Ancient Nutrition Chocolate Bone Broth Protein

Sometimes this varies...It depends on what we run on sale at work, and what kind of freebies we get. The probiotics, Restore, and magnesium are pretty consistent though.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I don't take any vitamins, because I've never had a doctor tell me I needed any.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    d with calcium, because my gp sez so and because i hate milk.

i'm a recreational user of glucosamine, magnesium and fish oil too.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Female, 46.
    - Multi to fill in any gaps
    - D during the winter
    - C to fend off the germs my kids bring home
    - Potassium and magnesium for sciatic leg cramps
    - Glucosamine for joint health

I agree that nutrients from food is best, but unfortunately I don't always make that happen.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    On Dr. recommendation I take probiotic, magnesium and vit C daily.

And as insurance in case I miss other vitamins and minerals in my diet I take a multivitamin.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with extra vitamin D because vitamin D deficiency is extremely common in this day and age...and because I don't always eat properly to get the proper amount of vitamins and minerals. I take and calcium supplement the because I am 36 and calcium is necessary. I take a cinnamon supplement because I read that cinnamon can help with metabolism and sugar. I am prediabetic with PCOS , so I need all the help I can get. I take a fish oil supplement for the Omega-3 and 6 because it is really good for you, and hard to come by. I also take magnesium at night because I forget why, but my FNP recommended it. I take 50mg of zinc each day because it helps with my immune system during these cold and flu seasons. Actually, my FNP recommended all these. LOL

Anyway, that's my list.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    robindina wrote: »
    new chapter women's daily.. just to make up for any holes in nutrition my diet has.

These are my most favorite vitamins! I take the same!!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    D3, because winter above 40° N latitude; taken fall through spring.
    Fish oil (1500mg EPA) because of inflammation caused by autoimmune disorder.

Whey I don't list as a supplement as it's powdered and readily portable food.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Daily:

2 Garden of Life's Mens Multi, Organic Food-Based
    2 Nordic Naturals Fish Oil (don't remember the exact blend I have at the moment...it's home on the kitchen counter!)
    2 500 mg turmeric (capsules)
    1 1000 mg vitamin C
    1 2500 IU vitamin D
    1 Natural Factors Ultimate Probiotic 12/12 Formula
    1 Rainbow Light Calcium with Magnesium and D

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Centrum for over 50. Just to ensure if I do miss. My diet is variable and many times I'll include junk food somewhere in the day.
    Centrum Silver here, same reasons.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I take a full spectrum bariatric vitamin 4 times a day because well, I'm a bari patient.
    10k IU of D3 a day due to low vitamin D, likely from having a desk job and fibromyalgia
    B12 sublingual for bari needs and fatigue due to fibro
    400mg potassium due to low potassium
    500mg magnesium oxide for fibro
    I also take a 1oz fiber shot every day that has 10g of fiber and some bonus vitamins, and occasionally drink Karma water.
    Everything in crushed, liquid or chewable form. Gotta love it!
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin. Just cause.
    Fish oil. I hear it's good for you?
    Biotin. Hair and nails.
    Apple cider vinegar tablets with pectin. They were on sale and figured why not.
    Probiotic. For the gut.
    Cinnamon tablets. Helps with insulin digestion? Or glucose tolerance? Something like that. I was recommended it when I had gestational diabetes and I had a bunch leftover so I still take them.
    Creatine. Building muscles yo. Just started the loading phase a few days ago.

And I'll be adding these two next week to aid in my poor lower leg circulation, both are said to help with leg veins and even cellulite as added bonuses -
    Gotu kola herb.
    Horse chestnut extract.

Honestly have I noticed a difference in anything after stopping/starting any of these? Nope. Nada. Nothing. But they're already bought and not doing me any harm so oh well, I take 'em daily.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Vits D, B, C. Potassium and soluble fiber supps.