New Looser From Massachusetts

Options
I am so happy to join you all; I like the feeling of comraderie and support that I get from reading the posts. I found this site while searching for a calorie counter and weight tracker; and was about to give up because of the appaling prices that the other sites were charging. I have recently started a new diet/life-style change and was looking for tools to help me attain my goal, which is pretty lofty:grumble:. I am down 6lbs so far and pretty excited about it.

I guess that I am tired of people saying what a cute (face) I have and leaving the rest unsaid. I am fed up of the excess that I am carrying around; it's like having a toddler strapped to my back 24/7. I have recently finished up my nursing degree and I would like to look like the picture of health that I am silently preaching to others:embarassed: . I have decieded that this year is all about new beginnings and focusing on my health. I have quite a ways to go but I know that I am going to get this (kid) off of me.:bigsmile:

Thanks for reading,
me R.N.:happy:

Replies

• jennygabe
    Options
    I am so happy to join you all; I like the feeling of comraderie and support that I get from reading the posts. I found this site while searching for a calorie counter and weight tracker; and was about to give up because of the appaling prices that the other sites were charging. I have recently started a new diet/life-style change and was looking for tools to help me attain my goal, which is pretty lofty:grumble:. I am down 6lbs so far and pretty excited about it.

I guess that I am tired of people saying what a cute (face) I have and leaving the rest unsaid. I am fed up of the excess that I am carrying around; it's like having a toddler strapped to my back 24/7. I have recently finished up my nursing degree and I would like to look like the picture of health that I am silently preaching to others:embarassed: . I have decieded that this year is all about new beginnings and focusing on my health. I have quite a ways to go but I know that I am going to get this (kid) off of me.:bigsmile:

Thanks for reading,
    me R.N.:happy:
  • nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: So glad you found the site too, welcome to the gang. I found it the same way and have had success so far. Keep up the good work and you will soon lose that kid!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    All-right -all-right! Other people in the middle of the night...........well, here on the west coast, at least.

jennygabe, honey, you DO have a pretty face! Not a thing wrong with that! I have long legs - you go with your strong suit! I refuse to wear capris - I don't care if there are no other choices. Why chop off my best feature? Give me TALL boot-cut pants, if it's 110 degrees, I'll still have long legs.

I digress. Congrats on your HUGE accomplishment Ms. RN. You can do this weight-loss thing, no problem after that. It seems that people who are called to care for others often put themselves last. In fact they are so much more effective when they come from a place of personal strength and health.

This is a great place to find support. We are here for you. Even at 2:51 AM in Seattle. Oh, yeah - we are sleepless here...I'm sure you've heard!

Welcome. Good luck!

~Cheryl
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome....from your fellow Massachusetts looser! lol

I wish you lots of luck, you certainly have a good outlook and I'm all about fresh starts too! and losing the kid...well all the weight the kid helped give me 7 yrs ago...tee hee...about time to lose it I'd say!

Look foward to knowing ya!
    hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • jennygabe
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi All,

Thanks for the encouragement; it is greatly appreciated.

I have been working full-time nights for the past 9years; so my body doesn't know how not to be sleepless at night, even when I'm off :ohwell: . This is the first time in years that I am actually doing something progressive towards my health and it feels great. I used to think that I just didn't have the discipline..... or the time..... or the organization...... you name it and I had the excuse:wink: ; but I am done with the excuses and am now ready to do this for me. I'ts exciting yet scary at the same time; I have given up my dearly beloved pastries, sugar, flour and processed foods :cry: and I am already seeing the difference on the scale. You know what they say.... "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." This is working for me and I won't try to tweak it for now. Thanks again for the welcome, I'm here for the long run (at least until the kid is gone:laugh:).

Feels great being a looser
    Jenny
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here!
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    WELCOME :smile: