What tennis shoes work best at the gym

Options
jwbowman46
jwbowman46 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
What tennis shoes work best to do cardio and weight machine, treadmill at the gym?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I've bought two pairs of sneakers (Nike and Asics), always end up going back to my old pair of Chucks.
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Shoes are a very personal part of dabbling into exercise. I see people at the gym in converse, high tops, traditional sneakers... and everyone has their own "brand" that they may stick to.

Most of the more popular (and often pricier) running shoe companies will let you purchase their shoes, wear them for a work out or two, and if they cause issues, you can return them (I know new balance does this). I think your best bet is to get to a shoe store, try on a bunch of pairs, and stick to whatever you're most comfortable in with some great support.

Best of luck !
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I've bought two pairs of sneakers (Nike and Asics), always end up going back to my old pair of Chucks.

For cardio and treadmill?

OP, there isn't a best shoe. It's going to be whatever you're comfortable in and whatever suits your needs for training purposes. What kind of arch support to you need? Is your foot wide or narrow? Are you running on the treadmill or walking? What kind of weight training will you be doing?

I have three pairs of shoes that I work out in. All are for different needs.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »

For cardio and treadmill?

Yes, they're most comfortable and grippy.
  • jwbowman46
    jwbowman46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back.