#takecareofyourself2017

Options
I've been yo-yoing between eating whatever I want when I want and eating clean while maintaining a dedicated gym schedule for so long that I can't tell you how many times I reset the clock on my fitness journey.

But I feel that this was the final reset- I'm so tired of feeling that disappointment in my gut whenever I look in the mirror or struggle to hide my muffin top because my jeans don't fight like they should. I want to feel energized, confident and like I can take on anything! I've always been on the bigger side, but I want to be on the healthier side annnnnnd fit my jeans again, lol.

If you feel the same way, please let me know! I'd love to have a few buddies I could support through their journey and who'd do the same for me :)

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • JenMS1978
    JenMS1978 Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Love your spirit! You got this girl!!
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feeling EXACTLY the same way!! Let's rock this year!!!
  • jspeedyg79
    jspeedyg79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Well said.
  • mdcromer
    mdcromer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with that very same issue for several years. Starting January 1st, I begin my typical weight loss routine to get back to upper end of my correct BMI range by the end of March. I maintain a good weight through summer but always drop my diet and exercise routine from September through December. A big part of my problem is knowing that I have a working method for losing the weight. I can do it without any expensive or fad diets. I look forward to starting the process all over again each year. This year, I managed to maintain my weight through the holidays. Now I have a new issue. Weight maintenance has always been more difficult than weight loss. My routine has become too routine. I am new to this site and look forward to working with others to manage it.