Pole Dancing

Options
I have hit a bit of a plateau. I feel like although I am working out, my muscle tone is not where I want it. I have heard pole dancing is a great workout. Has anyone taking classes for fitness on a consistent basis? How were your results and did the classes hold your attention?

Replies

• kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure those classes would hold my attention. LOL
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I hear it's great for upper body strength. I don't have any so wouldn't even be able to start!!
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i took one it was SUPER hard but way fun!!! if i had the money i would totally take classes but...i dont right now as i am a college student supporting myself so lol...but go for it! do a trial class!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun. Mostly cardio and upper body strength. You get some pretty deep bruises at first, but that stops after a bit.
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did pole fitness for awhile and I loved it! Go for it!
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    I definitely want to do it when I lose some weight because I know my girlfriend would love it. Its a great workout I hear and those women are strong. The most unattractive thing about people who pole dance a lot is that they don't have very developed calves due to the high heels (I'm a calves fan). I have some friends who have done it and they loved it.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i really want to do it! But classes are really expensive and theres not many around here....
    Maybe one day il get to start doing it! =)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Worst case scenario...you learn a very interesting skillset for your future boyfriend/husband (if you're single now lol) to appreciate lol. Explaining that you never actually WERE a stripper while he's looking at the pole installed in your bedroom might be awkward at first...but I'm sure he'll get over it quickly enough.

If he doesn't, I'm sure there will be plenty of other applicants =D.

More seriously...they are VERY fit. When I was younger and less discerning, I had a few good friends who were strippers...and they were in INCREDIBLE shape.

Cris
  • sweetsteph03
    sweetsteph03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I am going to do a "girls night out" class and see how I like it. I am looking to tone my entire body, but the arms are what I would really like to tone up! It seems no matter what I do they are my problem area!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    My friend improved her abs so much from the more advanced classes. I think she dropped 15lbs from taking them twice a week. Up where i'm at they are just to expensive on a graduate student's budget, but you can bet after graduation i'll be signing right up. Keep us updated on your results! :happy:
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been taking classes for about 1.5 years, and I love it. My upper body and ab strength has definitely improved a lot. I can now do 3 pullups (I used to be able to do exactly zero), and now am working on upping that number. I'm getting a workout, but it's definitely not boring to me, which is why I've been able to keep with it for so long.