How often do you Weigh Yourself?

Options
I like to weigh myself everyday, especially in the beginning because when I've lost weight previously I shed pounds in the first days. But this time around I've been stagnant. So I was wondering what you guys do. What helps motivate you?

Replies

• R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Last year when i was doing well i would only weigh once a week,i managed to keep it to that by only weighing myself at my Mums house!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I weigh in like once a month, if that. Otherwise I get completely obsessive about it.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It fluctuates for me. I found that everyday kept me in better check, but it could also get very frustrating. Daily helped me a lot when I was trying to figure out foods that did and didn't work for my meals. Or just to hold myself accountable for bad food decisions. :) The other downside is too much can affect the daily. Dehydration being one I struggle with. I'm trying weekly right now. First, it doesn't keep me on edge as much. LOL! But more importantly, it's motivating me to push really hard to eat well and work out and hopefully I get good news of the scale decreasing. Everyone is different though. Maybe if the daily isn't showing much results, try weekly for a bit. If the scale isn't moving, I found I would get too frustrated weighing in daily.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    daily, but its only one factor that i take into consideration and i look at an average trend line, vs. one specific day
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I only log it on Fridays.
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same time - morning, at the gym before I work out or eat
  • runshellersrun123
    runshellersrun123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. When I am doing things by the book, I drop 0.2 almost every day. Not seeing that daily drop forces me to be honest with myself about my calories and efforts. I find if I don't weigh myself, I don't lose as much or any at all even.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    rachaelh84 wrote: »
    Once a week, same time - morning, at the gym before I work out or eat

This is actually a really good point. The weekly works for me, but same time, same situation. I think you get a better comparison that way.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Every morning, log every day and track a 7 day running average. It gives me a great look at my trend without the daily ups and downs
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Every day, log it here and into a spreadsheet. I like numbers but understand it goes up (last days) and down (2 days before that) but see it going down more than up.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm curious. Usually every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. I generally go by how much muffin is going over the top. Hehe.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I use a wifi scale and send the info to trendweight which I use to look at what is really happening via the trend in Weight, BF, and Lean Mass
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I log every morning into the Happy Scale app. On Tuesdays I log my trend-weight into MFP.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log it in the Happy Scale app. I log losses only into MFP.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    dtcjem wrote: »
    Every morning. I use a wifi scale and send the info to trendweight which I use to look at what is really happening via the trend in Weight, BF, and Lean Mass

Which scale do you use (just curious).
  • mdcromer
    mdcromer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just got a Bluetooth scale that syncs with my activity tracking on my phone. Because of the new toy, I weigh myself every morning, as soon as I wake up, just to watch it automatically pop up on my phone. It gives me too much information. Now, my phone controls the home security system, my vehicle status, tracks my weight and everything else in my life. If I ever lose my phone, I will be lost.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    mdcromer wrote: »
    Just got a Bluetooth scale that syncs with my activity tracking on my phone. Because of the new toy, I weigh myself every morning, as soon as I wake up, just to watch it automatically pop up on my phone. It gives me too much information. Now, my phone controls the home security system, my vehicle status, tracks my weight and everything else in my life. If I ever lose my phone, I will be lost.

LOL. I've got one of those as well. Front doorbell, sprinkler system, thermostat, BBQ thermometer, truck. If I ever lose my phone, I'm really hooped. Just don't have a scale yet, do have a watch, chest strap, and 2 pairs of headphones.