Just discovered this app/page.

Options
Good morning everyone.

Just a quick introduction for you. My name is Patrick and I live in Florida. I started my fitness journey 5 years ago when I had let myself get to 260 lbs after I got out of the military. I changed everything from my eating habits (went paleo) and I started to do Crossfit 5-6 times a week. After a year, I was at 195lbs give or take. Things were going great and for the first time in my life, I was seeing muscle definition and even abs. Fast forward another year, car runs a stop sign and I T-bone them at 45mph. The contact spun my car around and through me into a steep concrete ditch.

After a cervical fusion and some "skull work" to relieve pressure from my brain stem, I was forced into a cervical collar for 6 months. After a full year from my surgery date, I attempted to get back into crossfit. Probably not to anyone's surprise but I simply could not get back into it. I had complications with various workouts and I battled migraines.

Depressed and defeated, I gave up on trying to get back into shape. I ate terribly for comfort and drank a little too much. I continued to live that lifestyle until about a month ago. I had enough. None of my suits fit, none of my pants fit (that weren't new). I had a closet full of old clothes that I knew would never see the light of day again.

I made a decision to push myself. I was at 246+ lbs and feeling sorry. I joined a local gym and researched various diets to help me. I started easy with just lifting light weights and doing low impact cardio. Battling some headaches and a ton of soreness, I have worked my way into a routine. I can even do a few of the boot camp style group classes which seem to burn a lot of calories for me. I have started back into eating properly with Keto and cut out the processed foods completely. It has roughly been a month and I am down to 231lbs which I understand was mostly water weight lost. I stick to my macros pretty well and I believe this app will help. I am happy to be here and excited to get back to a healthy weight.

See, quick introduction :smile:

-Patrick

Replies

• Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the nuthouse my friend. Take your shoes off at the door and be sure to tip your waitstaff.
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've been through a lot! A big welcome to you. This app and website are fantastic