Shakeology

Options
Hi all,

Anyone have any reviews about the Shakeology drinks? I'm trying to find a way to cut my lunch-time calories down. I heard it didn't taste very good....so I'm hesitant to spend the $120. I appreciate your input! Thanks

Replies

• pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Chocolate Shakeology since May and I love it. I mix it with almond milk and its fine.
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate shakeology and I think it tastes awesome! I recommend mixing it with Silk unsweetened almond milk and some natural peanut butter. I also throw in a 1/2 banana. The almond milk only adds 35 calories for 1 cup.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love the Chocolate Shakeology, I mix it with a banana and almond butter, it is delicious
    And be aware that for December a new tropical flavor of Shakeology will be available, I can't wait!!!!
  • Rileydma
    Rileydma Posts: 38
    Options
    Jean,

Both my wife and I have been drinking Shakeology and we both LOVE it. Greenberry is an acquired taste, but Chocolate is amazing. It's really helped me cut fat and increase my energy. I have a review about it below.

As far as price goes, it isn't just a supplement, but an entire meal with all of the vitamins and nutrients that we need on a daily basis. If you add up what you would spend on bad food and an entire meal, its really not that expensive. Most people go to Starbucks and spend $4 to $6 on a coffee with tons of sugar.

Take care!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I love it personally! I am a BeachBody Coach now, but about a year ago my doctor told me about it because she drinks it and was telling about how much better she feels just totally since drinking it. And what do you know...I do too! It is worth every penny in my opinion because one bag lasts me longer than 3 days and I would much rather spend the money on that, than the crap I was eating before. Plus you can try it for 30 days and return it for a full refund, should you not like it.
  • MichaelDexter
    MichaelDexter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Shakeology, but $120 seems a bit steep. But if it generates results, maybe it's worth it? I use the Premier Nutrition protein shakes from Costco (about $25 for 18 shakes) usually before I go running or as a meal replacement. They taste pretty good and have 30g of protein, 3g of sugar, and 160 cal. Sometimes I'll blend it with half a banana and some ice (~210 cal total).
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    Hi all,

Anyone have any reviews about the Shakeology drinks? I'm trying to find a way to cut my lunch-time calories down. I heard it didn't taste very good....so I'm hesitant to spend the $120. I appreciate your input! Thanks

How many shakes does 120 dollars buy you?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

How many shakes does 120 dollars buy you?

30 day supply.
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    That's the most over-priced supplement in the world then. You can buy tubs of whey protein and multi-vitamins for the same price.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    That's the most over-priced supplement in the world then. You can buy tubs of whey protein and multi-vitamins for the same price.

It does seem a bit steep to me too. Especially since I just spent less than that buying groceries for a family of four for a week. Groceries which included mostly vegetables and fruit. I'd like to try it because I'm sure I'd like it but there's no way I can afford it now. :sad:
  • WEAMJNJ
    WEAMJNJ Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried it and personally think it tastes awful unless you add things like pb and milk/soy milk which then adds in lots of added calories. I use both EAS and Whey protein mix made by the makers of muscle milk and they both taste great. I got my last supply from costco and got 80servings worth for $36! I just use that as my breakfast supplement and then take a daily vitamin. To me it gives you the same protein and health benifits as shakeology without the outrageous cost (oh and it tastes better too!) :tongue:
  • davidcookfan
    davidcookfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Shakeology. But i do use Herbalife as a meal repalcement. HTey also have other stuff like protienbars and other stuff as well. I lost 37 pounds using the herbalife products. and i have tons of energy.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

See that is the thing it is not just a supplement and it certainly is not whey protein. If you tried to make your own shake with the same ingredients it would cost well over $400. But hey no one is asking you to try it anyway Steve. Someone asked about it and I answered. To each his own. I use it to replace a meal that would normally cost me over $5.00 a day.
  • RangerSteve
    Options

See that is the thing it is not just a supplement and it certainly is not whey protein. If you tried to make your own shake with the same ingredients it would cost well over $400. But hey no one is asking you to try it anyway Steve. Someone asked about it and I answered. To each his own. I use it to replace a meal that would normally cost me over $5.00 a day.

Yes, it is a supplement. A supplement is something that "supplements" your diet. Therefore, this fits that exact description. It is whey protein as well. I'm looking at the ingredient label here:

http://www.shakenutrition.com/chocolate-shakeology-ingredients.pdf

Please let me know if that label is incorrect.

Basically, whey protein, a multi-vitamin and some greens mix in one. Considering the amount of each in the bottle, you can use half servings of most greens, whey and multi-vitamins to get the same effect. I'll give it one thing, it is using the better forms of vitamins in there such as cholecalciferol for vitamin D. On that note, I have NO idea where you got the 400 dollar figure from. Everything on that list, I take in one form or another and I spend nowhere near 400 dollars. If it replaces a meal for you, great. It's still expensive though.
  • Maggie1234
    Options
    Hey there!!! I have been using the chocolate Shakeology for almost two months now and I'm in love!!!! I feel better and definetly can tell a difference! I use Shakeology as my breakfast and it keeps me full for a good 3-4hrs!!!! Normally I would eat toast and yogurt and be hungry within an hour!!! I can get you some more info on it if you like!! :smile:
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate shakeology and was not impressed with the flavour and had to drink it with milk so it tastes better. It is a bit over priced for what it does, I didn't feel more energized then just eating a healthy diet and it left me feeling hungry. It's ok but don't find it worth the cost.
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Shakeology..and EWWWWW I could not stand it..please try it before you buy it....
    I have been doing th Herbalife shakes and make them into smooties..YUMMMMM Its been over a yr that I have been doing Herbalife
  • Spydor
    Spydor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Taste, everyone's likes/dislikes will vary, and it will also depend on how you make it. I'm not talking adding ingredients, though that's an option. I'm talking how much water/ice you add. Directions say 8 oz, personally not nearly enough for me. I use 16-32 oz of water/ice combined.

I would consider it a supplement, but then, supplementing your diet, everything you consume falls into that category. I use omelets to supplement my breakfast. Just my thoughts, and the term really is irrelevant.

It's hard to compare it to the price of groceries. We used to spend less for groceries, but then, looking at the quality of what we were getting, no wonder it was cheap. I could find cheaper products. Water is free...ok, not always. Quick side note, seriously, buying bottled water??? There is a TRUE rip-off, unless you live in a country with non-potable water.

Is Shakeology worth it? I think so, but that's just me. Everyone has their own value they place on each thing. Some people spend $100+ on TV each month (chewing gum for your brain). While others spend less than $20. Both place a different value on it.

Tip of the day, if you spend more time watching TV than you do exercising, or reading, or outdoors, or with family (not watching TV), you have your priorities out of whack. Notice, I didn't say all those things combined, I mean each one. I'll give you a pass if the TV your watching is some form of exercise, and your following along. {stepping down from soapbox}.

Make today great!