Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

This year I'm turning the big 30.

Kelsey87Mae
Kelsey87Mae Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I've spent a majority of my 20's doing everything I could to work more, or get ahead. I was able to finally get a home, a good job, and have started my journey to a new career with schooling. Everything seems pretty great, except one thing. My health. The last few years have been quite the struggle, going from 1-3 jobs at a time, night shifts to day shifts. Always feeling tired, or on the go. It wasn't until recently I felt a sort of balance in my life. Where I know when to say no to overworking. Now after all my waiting and saying "tomorrow...tomorrow. I'll start tomorrow"..I've found myself at my highest weight. 275lbs. They weren't kidding when they say it creeps up on you. I had originally lost 60+lbs 3 years ago and managed to get down to 188 after reaching 250lbs. I'm in no way blaming anyone, after all I'm the one who chose my unhealthy lifestyle. So now I'm owning up to it. I don't want to spend my thirties (come june), feeling unhealthy, general fatigue, and embarrassed about my overall body image. I want this year to be the start of getting back to healthier, happier me.

I guess what I'm saying is, I could use some support. Lots of support. So if you have any to spare, shoot me a message/friend request.

Replies

• AvaWander
    AvaWander Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Kelsey! :) I think it's really great that you're working to take better care of yourself by living healthier.
  • sdmrtn86
    sdmrtn86 Posts: 34 Member
    Hey Kelsey! I am hitting 31 in 22 days, and my story is pretty similar to yours in the fact that things are starting to look up, except for my health. I just started my journey from my heaviest weight, with a goal to los a total of 211 pounds! Would love you connect and support you were I can!
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Hey Kelsey! I'm hitting 30 this summer and I need a change in my life. Years ago I lost 70 pounds and was very active running half marathons. But I was at a dead end job and went back to school, and worked 2 jobs for quite a while to save for it. That along with some personal issues, I've gained 50 back. But i need to get back into this and have support again. Sent you a friend request.