protein bars

Options
robinsonsrepurposed
robinsonsrepurposed Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Any suggestions on yummy protein bars. They don't necessarily have to be sweet.

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Why did you edit the topic title?

The "oh yeah" brand are pretty good.

Many like the Kirkland, combat crunch and the bio-x bars. I say purchase a few singles from different brands to find something that you like.

There is jerky, too.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I used to eat quest bars which were good. Now i have kirkland, 10 seconds in the microwave make them even better. The only problem with kirkland is there are only 2 flavors.

Obviously real food always tastes better but sometimes convenience wins lol.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars. The chocolate deluxe is my favorite. Chocolate peanut caramel is tasty and so is the chocolate coconut one. Steer clear of the apple pie. It's gross. These are all 180-200 calories each

If you don't mind the calories, Clif Builders bars are good.

I also like kefir if I am not feeling a bar. Lifeway makes protein kefir that has 20g protein and 160 calories per 8oz. It's really good. Kinda tart, but I like it.
  • wolfeena13
    wolfeena13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exante do a cookie and cream one lush
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I recommend trying any and all bars yourself at least once. You may find something that you never knew would please you.
    My favorite changes all the time, so here are some bars I like in no particular order of preference:
    Combat Crunch is awesome. I like their Cinnamon Twist a lot.
    Quest bars. I like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough best, but all flavors are worth giving a try.
    Oh Yeah! One's original Birthday Cake flavor is awesome.
    I like all Fitjoy bars that don't have whole nuts and pecans.
    The only B-UP bar I've liked is their Red Velvet Cupcake. The bars from the company are generally less sweet than many other bars out there.
    Orgain Organic Protein bars. For a little bit of protein for a little bit of calories, these are pretty good. There are coupons on their website right now that you can redeem in stores.
    GNC's Birthday Cake Lean Bars are a nice change. The consistency is like a rice krispy treat.
    Balance bars are tasty and low in calories (when compared to similar bars like Met Rx and Fit Crunch) while providing protein and many vitamins and minerals.
    I've tried too much more to list, and there are more bars out there to fit your goals if you run a quick search on MFP and Google.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars. chocolate chip cookie dough and the white chocolate raspberry are my two favs.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein are my favorite.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Quest Blueberry Muffin is the bomb. If you find a savory protein bar (that's not jerky) please post back. Would love to try something like ham & cheese.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch wins hands-down overall!
    Another seriously underrated one is Atkins - try their fudge caramel, brownie or chocolate decadence (you can find them in sainsburys or boots). Honestly so good, there is just a certain stigma attached to the brand.
  • elizakristofferstuen7370
    Options
    Questbars <3
    chocolate chip cookie dough, cinnamon roll and apple pie are my top favorites.

In Norway we also got Swebars (all are good) and YTbar (don't know if they are to be found in US).....but they contain less protein and more sugar than the quests. But are really yummy!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Fit crunch chocolate peanut butter is a calorie bomb (unless you split it in half) but insanely delicious.

Quest and pure protein are good too.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Why did you edit the topic title?

The "oh yeah" brand are pretty good.

Many like the Kirkland, combat crunch and the bio-x bars. I say purchase a few singles from different brands to find something that you like.

There is jerky, too.

When I posted this, the topic was 'blank discussion topic'., just in case anyone was wondering.

OP, you have some great suggestions here...Bumping for more.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Quest - chocolate chip cookie dough. Just zap for seconds in the microwave!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Grenade bars are my favourite :love:
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My husband brought home ProMax one time. I really liked their double chocolate brownie, like candy!
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few and I'm personally not a fan... but the OhYeah! ONE bar in Birthday Cake was tolerable.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Smart for Life protein bars.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the Kirkland Brand protein bar as well! There are plenty of options depending on how much protein v calories you want.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My favorite protein bar is the Quest's Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough one. And while these aren't protein bars per se, Clif's Chocolate Chip/Cool Mint/Iced Gingerbread Energy bars are fantastic (about 10g protein per bar).

These are the only protein bars I've been able to stomach.