Best high calorie protein powder without creatine

Options
NaomiAnna22
NaomiAnna22 Posts: 36 Member
I'm a 23 year old female trying to gain weight and would like to buy a high calorie protein powder like 500+ calories without creatine since i don't work out and don't need it nor want to break out or anything because of it, what would you suggest?

Replies

• rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Creatine has some other benefits besides adding muscle bulk. It also improves endurance for cardio, for example. However if you've decided you don't want it then that's fine, especially if you know it's bad for your skin. I don't use mass gainer myself but this page may help http://www.fitshop.ca/supplements/weight-gainers/without-creatine.html

Rivalus seems like a good brand, a supplement store (but not GNC) will probably carry it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Do you want a protein powder to help increase your protein intake? I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them, but if you're struggling with volume perhaps you could make your own shake/smoothie and include protein... I think it'd be tastier than a mass gainer! There are plenty of protein powders available without creatine

Depending on your likes/dislikes and calories/macros you could incorporate

Icecream, yoghurt, milk, coconut/nut milk
    Fruits
    Vegies
    Avocado, nut butters
    Oats, honey/syrup
    Chocolate powder (sweetened or unsweetened or some type of syrup)
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer, over 600 calories per serving.
    Dymatize Super Mass Gainer, 1300 calories per serving
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just discovered Winco whey powder. $6.00/lb compared to about $11+/lb for the Dymatize/Elite stuff I've been using. Tastes better too (not flavors added).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a 23 year old female trying to gain weight and would like to buy a high calorie protein powder like 500+ calories without creatine since i don't work out and don't need it nor want to break out or anything because of it, what would you suggest?

Those types of drinks are just full of fillers and you pay a buttload for junk like mass gainers. Get a high quality protein shake and add in some more natural ingredients (fruits, veggies, oats, peanut butter, etc..). I have provided a thread and a website for you to look at. The website has a ton of good recipes for you to look at, including many high calorie shakes and oatmeals.

www.theproteinchef.co

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1