Feels defeated! :-(

Options
i have successfully went from 252-198, however i have slacked off on my diet. And i currently weigh 204lbs. I know i am making bad choices but i do it anyway. I need to SERIOUSLY get out of this funk. i need advice and help fast, and words of encouragement. I need to snap out of this funk and continue on my journey. Help me please. Thank you for listening.:cry:

Replies

• Medcoder75
    Medcoder75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was JUST feeling the same way --- everyone on here just talked me down from a twinkie!!! So now I am gonna pass on some motivation that was just passed on to me. Keep your head up--- This didnt come on over night so you shouldnt expect it to go away overnight! and try drinking more water---
    :) Good luck!
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    You can still eat the foods you enjoy, but just be conscious of the calorie count :) I understand how you feel, I've done the same thing before. Don't feel defeated! You've done a great job :smile: celebrate your success
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    hey sweetie! we all go through these stages im sure
    just remember you already lost loads so you CAN DO IT :)

and just think about why you started this and what you want out of it
    xxxxxx
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You have done an excellent job. Most can only dream about the amount of weight you have lost. Maybe you should take some time to reflect on how you lost this much and refresh yourself with your original goals.
  • ShannonC779
    Options
    I would say take a look at your quote: "No one said it would be easy, but they did say it would be worth it!" I totally agree. I have had bad weeks. My daughter is my biggest supporter. You can do it and so can I. Good luck. You can add me as a friend if you would like to.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I know you deffinitely worked hard and have had huge success.
    Why did you do it? Can you remember the reasons? I'm sure you look so much better and you're happy but would you like to lose more?
    You my friend.. YOU CAN DO IT!.. It's all in your power hun!.. How badly do you want it? :wink:
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Plan your largest meal of the day or the time of day when you feel the weakest (dinner for me) a day or two ahead of time. That way I know roughly how many calories I can expend during the rest of the day and not feel defeated.
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself you're gong to do this, then tell US that you're going to do this. :smile: You've come WAY too far to back to your old ways!! Start tracking your intake, go for a walk-do something to get yourself started down the right path again. Hang in there......it will get better, it always does!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    We all have our bad days. Don't give up. You've done so well! Maybe change things up a bit. I lose my motivation if I'm eating the same thing everyday or doing the same exercises. Change it up a bit and maybe you will get back on track. You can do this!! We are here for you!
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. I lost 15 pounds and then it all came right back on:( It is like I did all that work for nothing! I'm starting over again and you can too! We will make it! Good luck to you!
  • gymrat789
    gymrat789 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First question, do you work out? Dieting by itself is never enough. If you are not a gym member, i suggest that you work out at home. How often do you walk ( exercise walking )? Do you take the stairs instead of the elevator? there are plenty of ways do get out of your funk. First thing you have to do is get back to your diet and stick with it. Say goodbye to fast food...forever ! Keep yourself busy. If you have time to watch TV, you have time to work out. find something physically enjoyable ( swimmng, power walking, etc, etc ) Keeping yourself busy and Determination is the key.

Finally, YOU CONTROL YOUR BODY, YOUR BODY DOES NOT CONTROL YOU !!
  • vidalia222
    vidalia222 Posts: 15
    Options
    It may be a cliche but it's true -

"You always get what you always get if you always do what you always do".
  • brandizzel
    Options
    Sometimes its so easy to get off track, trust me I feel that way all the time. Just remember how good it feels to get on that scale and see the weight lose... You have done such a great job so far girl so keep it up......
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    We all have bad days, and eating too much one day is not an excuse to give up! Eating too much one day can't even make you gain 1 whole pound (unless you somehow, magically, can eat an excess of 3500 calories above your normal daily needs--highly unlikely!). So pick yourself up, and get back to it. Just chalk your indiscretions up to frustration, get past it, and move forward.

If you think that depression might be sabotaging your success, see a counselor, meditate, do yoga, or find another outlet for your emotions. Eating more is not going to help the depression go away--it'll only make it worse.

Do it because YOU deserve it.

You can! We believe in you!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Congratulations on your successes! :smile: We all have times when we feel down. Think of what you have accomplished so far, the healthy changes you have made. Maybe instead of trying to loose weight, just try maintaining weight for a couple of weeks until you feel refreshed to start losing again. Most importantly, keep logging your food daily and be part of the MFP community, we are here for you! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I lost about thirty pounds last year and then just kind of got frustrated and gave up for a little while. During that time I gained back twelve pounds of what I had lost. What got me really motivated was seeing pictures of myself from before I lost the weight. I saw it and it reminded me that I did NOT want to look like that or feel like that again! That was the biggest motivation for me.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You have accomplished so much! Try to focus on your achievements and be PROUD of yourself. 48 pounds lost is a big accomplishment. We all have set- backs but you can do this. You've already proven you can.

You are more important than food
    You are worth the effort to eat well and excercise
    When you feel weak, grab onto your source of faith and believe.
    Do it all for YOU.

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another." Walter Elliott

We're here for you!

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Please stop beating yourself up! Don't give up. I find that planning my meals helps me so much! I DO get tired of thinking about food all the time, but if I don't plan I don't eat well.
    Change up your exercise routine. This helped me out of my funk!
    I believe in you!:flowerforyou:
  • Lindsay1950
    Options
    Keep in mind that two steps forward and one step back is still progress Focus on what you've accomplished and turn off the critic in your head that's undermining you. And think about what else might be going on that's contributing to your dark mood, and take action if possible. Are you subject to depression? Are friends and family supportive or critical of your efforts? Are you judging yourself against impossible standards? Take a breath, give yourself a pat on the back for the great progress you've made, and keep on going.