How often does everyone.......

Options
Go to the gym or workout for the week??? I was just wondering cause Im going 5 days a week but would like to go another day or two....calories burned for this 5 days was 2535.......do I need to go more???

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it and want to why not? The only think I would be careful with is having some less strenuous days as "rest days" otherwise you might end up over-doing it or hurting yourself. Of course it depends on how hard you workout!

Maybe have 2 days where you do less cardio and more weights and stuff?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Instead of going more often, try and make your current workouts more intense.

I personally try and go 3 times a week for 60 mins each time. Some weeks I go 2 times and some weeks I don't go at all. I'm not very consistent anymore. I will say - I bust my butt while I'm there and try and burn at least 500 calories each time. :)
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I do 4/5 days a week, after the kids go to bed.

I'd love to do more but being up at 5.30am for work, 2 small kids, a husband who I neglect ALOT, I don't see how. Maybe some day I can do more but not now.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it and want to why not? The only think I would be careful with is having some less strenuous days as "rest days" otherwise you might end up over-doing it or hurting yourself. Of course it depends on how hard you workout!

Maybe have 2 days where you do less cardio and more weights and stuff?

This is what I do. But I workout EXTREMELY hard.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    your body needs rest too, I do 5 days gym work and rest at weekend, if you call going golf relaxing
  • bowwowlova
    Options
    I workout anywhere from two to five times a week depending on how I feel. There are just those weeks where I'm so bored that I just want to work out. If you want to increase the amount of workouts you do, i say go for it but don't push yourself too hard. Good luck!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm a gym rat - usually go 5 days a week, then exercise on the weekends at home using DVD's (although today I went to the gym for the 6th day). I will take a day off from working out when I feel like I need it. For instance, I know that tomorrow I probably will not do any exercise because I feel my back is a little sore, have a shoulder muscle that's achy, and one my fingers is killing me. I try to listen to my body - if I'm sore or achy I know I need a break. If I am getting exhausted, I take a break.
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    the only problem with that is that you will get burned out. You have to give yourself a day of rest. Your body is made to work yes, but you were also made to rest.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe on those two other days you could go on some nice long walks instead of going to the gym? I go to the gym 5 days a week but I walk every night with my mom who is also trying to lose weight. As of now that's all she does so I have to motivate her to go. Your body and muscles do need at least a day to recooperate.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I go every day for the most part. Since I joined a gym back in May, I think I've skipped six days total and that was because I was out of town.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i normally go about 4-5 times a week. it gets me out of the house and i enjoy the different group classes my gym offers. make sure you give your body a rest day, or a day where you have a less intense work out. like today instead of going hardcore, i walked at a moderate pace for 3 miles at the track, then add another mile because i walked to the track instead of driving. tommorrow ill be home doing laundry all day. oh joy.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Wow I though my 2535 for the week was working my butt off...lol....
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Because i play badminton in leagues 3 times a week i dont go to the gym that much. Whenever i do im really sore next time i play badminton, it affects my match performance, especially my triceps and shoulders.

I guess i could just go gym for cardio, but i cant resist doing resistance too....but i always pay for it later.
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week. 3 x's lifting weights 5-6 cardio. On my weight days I go a half hour early and do it before, on non weight days I do an hour of cardio.
  • Jondi_Soper
    Options
    I JUST started my diet and haven't started exercising at all. I need to. I can't afford a gym, which sucks. Back when I was a member of a gym, I went and it helped a lot. The gym I went to was only $20 a month too! I plan, instead, to start roller skating a couple days a week (when it isn't too hot outside), and get some workout videos for here at home. So I am shooting for a 5 day a week exercise plan.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I JUST started my diet and haven't started exercising at all. I need to. I can't afford a gym, which sucks. Back when I was a member of a gym, I went and it helped a lot. The gym I went to was only $20 a month too! I plan, instead, to start roller skating a couple days a week (when it isn't too hot outside), and get some workout videos for here at home. So I am shooting for a 5 day a week exercise plan.
    Oh girl.....I got my rollderderby skates still!!!! Tell me when your going to go cause I was just saying lastnight that if I had someone to go with I want to skate cause that burns MAJOR calories......yeah the gym I go to is stayfit 24 (family video owned) and its like $20..Im so happy you joined me on here girl!!! ;)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i try to go at least 5x a week, but sometimes i'm too lazy to drive and i talk a walk (fast paced) around the neighborhood instead. i give myself two rest days a week.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    My gym is across the street from my office, so I go M-F, and do cardio M/W/F and weights on T/T. I chill on the weekend.

My workouts are 45 minutes each.
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    I go to the gym 3 days a week and only to do nautilus and weights. I typicall workout there for about 35-45 minutes.

But every morning I fast walk outdoors for 30 minutes with my hubby. Then after he goes to work, I either go get the neighbor's dog and go for a 45 minute run 5 days a week or I ride my recumbent bike. One or the other.
    Then on Sunday, I walk or go hiking for an hour outdoors. I try to keep things mixed up. I've noticed my calorie burn and weight loss is quicker if I don't do the same thing every day. If I had to go to the gym every day, I wouldn't be able to muster the ethusiasm.

I guess what I'm saying is whatever you do, make sure its something you truly enjoy and look forward to, or you will burn out faster than a 5 cent cigar.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I Go four days a week. Mon and Thursday I do 30 min of cardio and then upper body weights. Tues and Friday is thirty mi if cardio and lower body weights. Wed is my free day no exercise and eat whatever (within reason). Sat. I just take an easy evening walk. Sun I relax but follow my caloric restrictions.