I'm losing weight rather quickly. Am I doing something wrong?

Options
freedominique
freedominique Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Two days ago, I did a HIIT workout and followed the macro and calorie suggestions on this app for losing a pound a week. Then yesterday morning, I found that I lost half a pound. I did the same thing yesterday and this morning, I found that I lost another half pound. I finished my goal in 2 days? Both days, I've been drinking 48 oz of water. If anyone can enlighten me, that'd be great :)
(Btw, my body is a mix of ectomorph and mesomorph)

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Can't really answer your question without more info. What are your stats (height, weight, daily calorie goal, etc)?
  • freedominique
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi, sorry, I'm new to the community so I didn't realize it would cut out half of my post lol. I'm around 5'5. I've always been 113ish lbs but a few days ago, I found I was 124, then this morning, 123. The app is having me eat around 1800 calories (which is less than what I've been eating the past few weeks)
  • freedominique
    Options
    Enlightening, thank you :)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Two days ago, I did a HIIT workout and followed the macro and calorie suggestions on this app for losing a pound a week. Then yesterday morning, I found that I lost half a pound. I did the same thing yesterday and this morning, I found that I lost another half pound. I finished my goal in 2 days? Both days, I've been drinking 48 oz of water. If anyone can enlighten me, that'd be great :)
    (Btw, my body is a mix of ectomorph and mesomorph)

Water and glycogen stores are what you lost. If you sweat like me, I can drop 3-4 pounds easy during a 60 minute HIIT session and from going so hard, and the glycogen stores get tapped. If I don't hydrate like a fish afterwards, eat a nice recovery meal within 2 hours - the scale will read low until those reserves get built up again.

My guess is in addition to the weight loss now showing, you'll bounce around (up and down) with the daily fluctuations - but the weekly numbers will be more consistent with the one pound per week.