Stand Up Comedy Suggestions?

Options
I've recently found that listening to stand up during my runs makes the time go by super fast when i'm doing long distances. I focus on the comedy instead of the run which makes a 10 mile run not as dreadful.

I don't really know of many good standup comedians! I already have Daniel Tosh, Louis C.K., Robin Williams, and Bill Hicks...

Any suggestions of good comedians?

And don't say Dane Cook... i have his stuff but i've listened to it too much and it's not funny anymore... lol

Ready go!!

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I :heart: Lewis Black
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Jo Koy is hilarious
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Doug Stanhope. I hesitate to suggest him too the "unaware" because he is truly...unique. But if you like Tosh and Hicks, he isn't too far of a leap.
  • Simply_Christine
    Options
    WOW! How do you do it?! I tried to listen to comedy during my work out once and almost flew off the treadmill from laughing so hard at what I was listening to. LOL!

Suggestions: Bill Cosby, Whoopie Goldberg, Seinfeld, Steven Wright, Ellen Degeneres (? SP), Paula Poundstone, Margaret Cho...all old school but funny.
  • Piratepetetx
    Options
    I like George Carlin, Kathleen Madagin, or Jeanne Robertson
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    bill burr
    nick dipalo (sp?)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    WOW! How do you do it?! I tried to listen to comedy during my work out once and almost flew off the treadmill from laughing so hard at what I was listening to. LOL!

Suggestions: Bill Cosby, Whoopie Goldberg, Seinfeld, Steven Wright, Ellen Degeneres (? SP), Paula Poundstone, Margaret Cho...all old school but funny.

haha i looked totally stupid yesterday laughing but i didnt care...5 miles went by so fast it was totally worth it lol
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Larry the Cable Guy, Ron White, Gabriel Iglesias, Alonzo Bodden, Kathleen Madigan, Carlos Mencia....those are some of my faves.
    Go to Comedy Central's website and search under Comedians.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Eddie Izzard
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Gabriel Iglesias this guy is sooo funny!!
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whitney Cummings (HILARIOUS, my favorite female comic)

Zach Galifianakis

Nick Swardson (don't watch his show though, it sucks)

Jim Gaffigan

Lisa Lampanelli (if you don't get offended easily)

Sarah Silverman

Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

Maria Bamford‏

that's all i can think of right now...
    also, a lot of these are are netflix for instant if you have that
  • SarahC75
    SarahC75 Posts: 45
    Options
    I love laughing, it's my favourite thing in the world to do!

There are a few stand ups I like that have already been mentioned. Also a few English ones ... John Bishop, Sarah Millican, Frankie Boyle, Sean Locke to name a few....

but you should definitely have a look for John Pinette! He is awesomely funny.

Check this clip out about the water park ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzFgtd1C5c&feature=related
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Katt Williams..<<
    Super funny
  • dingoes
    dingoes Posts: 12
    Options
    Jim Gaffigan and Nick Swardson for sure!! Also a little George Carlin never hurts...
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    HAL SPARKS I freaking love him! Kevin Nealon is funny too I saw him at Cobbs back in Feb. He had me rolling!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The only stand-up comedian I have ever listend to is Bill Engvall. I used to have all of his CD's. Friggin' hilarious!

He is the comedian who did the bit for stupid people - "Here's your sign."
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Demetri Martin! and many other people that the other posters have mentioned! Oh, and I love Kathy Griffin!
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    the only comedian I've ever been fond of is Demetri Martin! congrats on your run by the way....thats super intense haha
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    Kevin Hart and Christopher Titus. They are hilarious!
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Darren Carter is one of my faves! He also has a podcast that has other comedians on also.