Went over my carbs

Options
So I ate a little more carbs than I expected..Now I'm feeling guilty so what should I do

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Let it go and move on.
  • arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Log it and start again tomorrow. In the long run, this won't matter. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you under your calories? Then you're fine.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you are still at your calorie goal or a little under you are fine. even if you are over calories a little,tomorrow is a new day.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You're fine. As long as you're in a calorie deficit, that all that matters. Even if you went over calories, just log it and start fresh tomorrow :-)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Move on. It doesn't matter if you go over your macros. I frequently go over on all three depending on the day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Log and move on with life.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Life flows in one direction. Learning to shrug off the past, forgiving yourself, is a valuable skill.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If you're under on your calories, you're fine.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,883 Member
    Options
    No matter what the silly magazine headlines say, carbs are not inherently evil. If you're at/under your calorie goal, it won't hinder your weight loss. In fact, if you're over your weight-loss calorie goal, but under your maintenance calories at your current weight for one day, you'll still lose weight that day . . . just a tiny bit more slowly.

It's good to eat enough protein & fats, so if you ate so many carbs you were way under on protein or fats, that might be not super-good for your nutrition or health, but really only the calorie goal counts for weight loss.

Just log what you ate, and go on to tomorrow. Don't worry about it.
  • WriteAndGetFit
    WriteAndGetFit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Expect a little bump in water weight, but as long as you stick to the plan it should go back down in a few days. The goal isn't to be perfect, it's to be as consistent as possible. Good luck!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Tackle that guilt right away. Guilt is an obstacle to weight loss which can lead to binging and secret eating. Unless you are eating babies, food does not have a moral dimension. It's just food. You ate it. Log it and move on.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What you should do? Stop feeling guilty. Keep logging, hit your calorie goal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the world will surely end and youll be overweight forever .

sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is really what counts. I would just keep tracking and move on.