Question to former Emotional Eaters. ..

Options
irejb12
irejb12 Posts: 33 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
For past few days, I've been emotional eating; this is usually brought on my stress, boredom, or my depression.

I don't know what to do. My technique of being more mindful, when eating, is failing me.

To former emotional eaters, what did you do to stop the cycle of emotional eating?

Replies

• megan_mosier
    megan_mosier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add more projects and hobbies so there isn't as much time to think about it.
  • Xx_Christie_xX
    Xx_Christie_xX Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Exercise helps me. If I don't exercise I am more prone to over eat. Tracking also helps even when I go over.
  • Justmex86x
    Justmex86x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about thos yesterday as im the same then i was watching come dine with me and the woman on tv said 'i do knitting as it stops me from eating' so i may try this.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Add more projects and hobbies so there isn't as much time to think about it.

I find keeping busy helps too.

As much as I can/could be an emotional eater, I'm also able to be incredibly focused when I have a diet related goal - I'm prepping for a bodybuilding comp later in the year, and I don't have an issue with emotional earting When I'm doing prep, eating extra food on top of what I'm allowed doesn't even cross my mind!
  • maddiemadz27
    maddiemadz27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    irejb12 wrote: »
    For past few days, I've been emotional eating; this is usually brought on my stress, boredom, or my depression.

I don't know what to do. My technique of being more mindful, when eating, is failing me.

To former emotional eaters, what did you do to stop the cycle of emotional eating?

convert your energy into something more productive. I know its kinda hard to do something when ur depressed. I pushed myself hard and engage myself into something like going back to work and starting to get out more. I started to love myself and before i knew it im back on my feet. Hope everything goes well with u. We are better than our troubles...