Hi guys

Options
Hi everyone hope everyone doin well I was 18.3 last year (early last year ) I decided too try lose weight I work in a gym as a cleaner so use gym everyday after work I have porridge every morning for brekky three eggs for lunch and tuna and jacket potato for lunch water i between meals and with all meals .. am I eating enough too lose weight .. I lost a stone but seen too have hit wall please some one help me

Replies

• DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well, would need to know your height & weight & age to be exact but if your day (if I'm correct) is
    Breakfast - porridge
    Lunch - 3 boiled eggs.
    Dinner - tuna & Jacket potato

Is that it? Really doesn't sound a lot at all. Personally if that was me I'd have so little energy my gym time wouldn't really do much.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    By 18.3 do you mean 18 stone 3lb? @DarrelBirkett is right, we need your height as well, and some idea how active you are (eg what's your job?)
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What are your stats, and what are your goals?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    When you think about the food you are eating, are you including butter on the potato or mayo with the tuna/eggs, beers at night, snacks you have? You could double your calories by not thinking about all the extras that go along with the meals.
  • parko_parko
    parko_parko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry lol I work in a gym as a cleaner four days a week and always walking around .. I use gym after work Monday too Thursday .. Friday my rest day and sat and sun is small run with the dog .. I mean 18 stone 3 pounds .. I am now 17 stone but seem like what I was doing before is now not workin and just looking on some advice on how too maybe change it up a bit .. I don't eat butter or any sort of condements for example what I eat in a day ... breakfast.. one packet of porridge .. dinner at around 12 4 scrambled eggs and tea around 5-6 .. one jacket potato plain with tin of tuna on side .. I drink water all day and no other fluids .. maybe the odd coffe on days I feel tierd .. I have found that while I am mixing my carbs and my proteins I am feeling a lot better not tierd as much and not sluggish .. I sound like I don't know what I on about lol I don't really just got advised too use my fitness pal and the community side of it is one of best my friend sed and I been looking through it and is very good how we are all like doin our best together and helpin each other .. hope this makes sense too u all lol sorry again
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    I think you are probably undereating, which is not good as it is bad for your health and will make you more likely to overeat/binge, give up and gain the weight back. It is hard to know for sure, however, as you don't seem to be tracking your calories.

My advice is to start tracking calories with myfitnesspal - you can use the app or do it on the website (or both, they work together). Set up your rate of loss as 1lb per week and your activity level probably as "moderately active" (does anyone else have thoughts on this? I'm not too good on activity levels) and then log everything you eat and every piece of exercise (not walking about for work as that's counted in the "moderately active" part). Try and eat all the calories it gives you, try not to go over. It's as simple as that. There is no need to cut out anything, you can have your butter, mayo etc, it's all about getting the portions right.

All this is a bit of a guess, though, as you have not told us your height so I can't tell how overweight you are. Please can you tell us your height? Weight on its own doesn't mean anything.
  • parko_parko
    Options
    5ft 10inch 29 years old currently weight 17 stone
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    So you're in the "obese" category. The upper end of your healthy weight range is 12 stone 7, so if that's where you want to be you're looking at losing 4 stone 7 (63lb). You could start at 2lb a week if you like, or 1lb a week if you prefer to go slower and eat a bit more. It certainly seems like you should be eating more than you listed above, it doesn't seem like enough and may leave you hungry and tired.
  • parko_parko
    Options
    Thanks for all help guys deffo goin too eat more and maybe just do more in general