How do u keep your energy up ???

Options
Y am I always so tired

Replies

• greenefat
    greenefat Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Y am I always so tired ... my energy be BLAH BLAH ... I want to workout but my energy is blah
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Get more sleep.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Eat properly, sleep well, etc. The more you exercise (especially longer, moderate intensity exercise) the more your body will get used to producing energy.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sleep and proper nutrition are key.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Eat, sleep, drink plenty of water.

And, don't give yourself an option. Don't want to workout. Go workout.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat well nutritionally and get in an appropriate amount of calories, get some sleep, and train on the regular
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Since I am just starting this journey and weighing in at a whopping 300 pounds.. I dont. I suffer from insomnia, hypothyroidism (which saps your energy), and carry around a lot of extra weight. I push through the exhaustion with the hopes that eventually I wont feel like this anymore. If you are eating too little, you will feel tired. Too much, you will feel tired. Not enough water? You will get dehydrated which will make you feel tired. Hidden health issues, even just border line? Tired. Too much sleep will make you tired and not enough sleep will make you tired. Vitamin deficiency and not enough sunlight will also make you feel tired. Its like the world is out to exhaust us! But exercising every day CAN build up those stores. You just have to out stubborn your bodies attempt to sabotage you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sleep, good nutrition and lots of coffee. I am always tired but sometimes you just need to drag your tired butt to the gym and do the work. I also have a dog that doesn't understand I am tired or the weather sucks so I don't want to take him for a walk. He wants to walk anyway - so I have to walk. There have been many times where i'll say I'm tired so just one mile but once I get out there and get moving I find I wake up a bit and can go further.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't. I pretty much just do everything tired, including exercise.
  • annislong905
    annislong905 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to say, unfortunately, that when I was following a vegan diet I didn't have an issue with low energy. An apple cider vinegar concoction in the a.m. was a great energy boost, too
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Nutrion and rest. Also are you spreading your food evenly over the day. So your energy levels are even over the day
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel super low energy but I'll go to the gym anyway. Once I get started, I almost always start to feel better. Try it. You don't have to workout hard. You can walk slowly on a treadmill. Any activity is better than no activity. Just start out moving and see what happens. :)
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise lack of exercise will make me tired. Once I push myself to get up and move, I start finding the energy to exercise more easily. Even getting up and doing a little should help get that good cycle going. A little every day, and you'll start to find you can do it easier and do more.

Also good nutrition plays a roll. When I eat right, I sleep better and few more rested. I also recover better.

Obviously, if this is new and you have no valid reason to feel run down, you may want to go see a doctor. Exhaustion is a symptom for a bunch of stuff, a lot of which can be easily treated once you put your finger on it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Ideally, sleep/rest and adequate fuel and nutrition. Realistically it is lots of food and coffee.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    And if you're getting enough sleep, and eating a good variety of food, but are still tired ... go see a doctor.