Sad and depressed

Options
I gained so much weight and it has put me in a big state of depression & I handle that with eating i keep crying but I know that not helping going into the store to buy clothes killed me today

Replies

• moni032000
    moni032000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kuddos to you for take the first step by coming here. I know it's tough but take it one day at a time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Also talk to a therapist. You may find out why your behavior is the way it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I remember a shopping trip last year to our local mall and nothing fit. Nothing. Even the bigger sizes I thought would fit wouldn't. I started crying right in the dressing room.

I think that moment was one among many where I realized I had to change the way I was living my life.

I used to eat because I was sad too. I had to realize that eating because I feel upset isn't going to make me feel better. If anything it only made me feel worse.

Once that idea really took hold even when I felt inclined to eat because I was upset I wouldn't because I knew it would make me more upset maybe not immediately but in the long term yes.

You can do this. Just start small. Start logging your food. Make small sustainable changes. Maybe try to increase the exercise you get.

You will have bad days, but don't let that discourage you. Weight loss is a journey and it's going to take time, but as long as you're trying you haven't failed.
  • greenefat
    greenefat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone ... yes I cried in the dressing room ... omg I couldn't fit anything I picked up and I broke down my boyfriend didn't know what to do he felt so bad but I noticed if I like something I just want to keep eating it I just want more and more I don't know my limits but ... I'm pushing through I just think of me crying in the store & I say you can do this
  • aunderhill90
    aunderhill90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    greenefat wrote: »
    Thank u everyone ... yes I cried in the dressing room ... omg I couldn't fit anything I picked up and I broke down my boyfriend didn't know what to do he felt so bad but I noticed if I like something I just want to keep eating it I just want more and more I don't know my limits but ... I'm pushing through I just think of me crying in the store & I say you can do this

Yup. Been there. Weve got this though. Its all mind over matter. Im doing lchf keto diet and some exercise.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!
  • shaun823
    shaun823 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up girl! You wouldn't be posting here if you weren't ready to make a change. My weight fluctuates quite a bit when I'm going through difficult times. I'm generally a pretty healthy guy and have worked out all my life. However, I know I'm an emotional eater. Food is my comfort, as it is with many people. It's just important to remember how you feel right now. You'll get back to feeling good soon and and it's easy to forget about how bad you felt when you weren't in the shape you wanted to be in. Get focused, understand your weaknesses and avoid them as much as possible until you are able to control them. And when you find yourself in a social setting (which is often the case when indulging) remember how you felt in that dressing room and make a better decision. I could be way off base here and I don't mean to make assumptions, so forgive me if I'm off. But this is definitely the case with me and at the very least, some others will relate. Whatever the case, you can do it! Everyday is a new opportunity to get on the right track! Get it girl! :)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    To be successful you just need to be consistent. If you eat well daily and are active daily you'll see results. It might take a few months to get where you want, but it's very easy if you keep yourself accountable and consistent.
  • Mrshughes0211
    Mrshughes0211 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, take one day at a time!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

Yup. Been there. Im doing lchf keto diet and some exercise.

We've all been there. In one day, I got offered a seat on the subway because the lady thought I was pregnant and then later I was asked if I wanted a student ticket to an exhibit. I was 56 at the time. I was so confused! But also upset.

I too have limited my carbs. I eat real food and no junk food and carbs are slow carbs with lots of fiber. It is working for me and it can work for you. I started with something I could change. I didn't eat out often but I change for a salad instead of fries when I was at a restaurant. I now eat almonds instead of chips or crackers, when I want a snack. I drink more water. You can do this! I am half way there and still going.

Glad you are here.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I gained so much weight and it has put me in a big state of depression & I handle that with eating i keep crying but I know that not helping going into the store to buy clothes killed me today

Hi!

What's your goals?
  • Graham7679
    Graham7679 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Small goals to start with.
    N focus is the key.
    Loads ppl on here help with motivation.
    U got this
  • dann05
    dann05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist self diagnosing or are you looking for ppl to feel bad for you and tell you how good your are and what not?
  • greenefat
    greenefat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    dann05 wrote: »

Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist self diagnosing or are you looking for ppl to feel bad for you and tell you how good your are and what not?

Never do I want anyone to feel bad for me ... this was my 2nd day and hell yeah it was hard I was very depressed I cut food out and I was losing my mind ... I have 4 children so yes I'm use to eating a bunch of junk ... you could not have commented I don't need a pity party I just was expressing how depressed I was with myself and I'm a stress eater ... move on