Google Fit Step adjustment way to high

Options
DickyT28
DickyT28 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi yesterday I started using MFP after some time and added Google Fit to the steps screen for the adjustment but this is reading way to high.
i.e. yesterday I did only 7,735 step (hardly a lot) but MFP adjusted this to an extra 2,003 calories which is way too high and I can't see any way of changing the adjustment?

Replies

• gr1mjack
    gr1mjack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a way to adjust either. I wind up just deleting the "exercise" from my log. :(
  • wmansir
    wmansir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They thing that really sucks is if you turn off step tracking via google fit then the MFP app doesn't import any "walking" activity at all. Its sucks because Google Fit actually does a decent job tracking workouts and it's calorie estimates aren't too bad on those, it's just the constant "step tracking" calories that are way off.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised to see that the last post on this was in October but I have just been given a smartwatch and discovered the same problem.
    I used to use a fitbit, and just gave it away (after finding that Googlefit would sync. Didn't realise that it synced really inaccurately though.
    I would have thought that by now it would be fixed?
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love my Google fit but I unlinked it to MFP because it also gave me loads and loads of calories, the stationary bike and dancing may be kinda ok but the steps, well, hardly go over 5k anyway..ahm my point is, I get too confused by sooo many calories earned according to MFP,so I had to unlink but I am getting a fitness band tracker soon, what to do? :/
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Has there been any update on this? I just got an android smart watch that has google fit on it. For the first month I could not get it to sync at all with MFP, now the last 2 days it has synced but the calorie adjustment is ridiculous. I am getting 666 additional calories for about 6300 steps yesterday. I used to have a Garmin that would sync and the calorie adjustment was no where near that high, I would get like 32 additional calories added for a similar amount of steps. Thanks in advance.
  • mousette81
    mousette81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is because Google fit includes your basic calorie needs from basically just being alive which doesn't correlate with MFP because that classes you based on the activity level in your setting- sedentary, active etc. The closest you will get is to set your MFP to sedentary but this is still likely to be off.