Weigh-in once month

Options
Yesterday I go to weigh myself and no weight loss. What the hell! I did what I was suppose to do all week. I could have gotten discouraged, but say "I'm not giving up!" I go make my usual breakfast and look for something to wear. Decided to see if a pair of Capris (that didn't fit last month ) looked any better on. And "hot damn" they do. I took out the tape measure and low and behold my stats are an inch smaller. So, from now on the tape measure and clothes are my friends. Any body want a scale? :heart:

Replies

• skinnyminimoni
    Options
    The scale tends to be a dieter's worst enemy. You can always tell your progress better by the shape of your body and the way your clothes are fitting you. Great job on your progress! :D
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats on ur NSV....sounds like u r doing great despite what the scale reads....keep up the great work:glasses:
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Unfortunately most scales only give us one piece of information. Body weight. It does not give us body fat %. And that's the most important thing.
  • Cking86
    Cking86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I began using MFP, I did weigh myself weekly. I saw no weight loss. I was frustrated but didn't give up. When I got on the scale week 4, I weighed 5 pounds less *shrugs*. So instead of putting myself thru the weekly weigh- in nightmare, I do it monthly.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to sabotage the food intake based on the no weight loss. I usually weigh the same for 3 weeks or so, then drop 2 lbs, then stay the same, then drop. I tend to agree with you, but still hit the scale every week just to make sure I am not gaining. It also helps to focus on fitness: speed, distance, amount of weights/ resistance, effort, etc. That way I feel good no matter what!
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It's possible if you're working out that you've added some muscle in place of the fat loss.