Beer of Whiskey?

Options
What's better to have whiskey, straight. Maybe 6-7 oz. 8 max. Or 3-4 dark porters. Definitely not light beer so in assuming whiskey would be less calories but just making sure. Thanks

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Usually a hard liquor is less calories. I'm a tequila and light beer drinker. Light beers range from 80-110cals/bottle (regular are closer to 150-170 and darks are even more) One ounce of tequila is between 60-75cals.... and then whether your drinking straight (my preference) or mixing, that can impact if you use anything that isn't 0cals like diet pops.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Guiness is only 120 calories, about 10 more than budwater light.
  • tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose whiskey all day. But I'm not thinking of the calories lol. I homebrew beer I guess I better figure out how to find the calories...but I am a whiskey lover. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to whiskey.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd.jpeg

I came here to say the same. I love beer and whiskey, and I refuse to choose one over the other. A little whiskey, a little beer. Actually, I'd start with a whiskey, then proceed to a beer flight: lager, IPA, porter, stout :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Bourbon-barrel-aged stout! Win-win.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I don't like beer so I am going whiskey.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Russian Imperial Stout.. Yummy yummy
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My 3oz of Bulleit rye comes in just under 220 cals. Any more than that and I feel it in my head the next day, but most nights I actually have a beer (I like IPAs, 250ish cals for 12oz) while I'm prepping dinner and the bourbon as a nightcap.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wine. You're welcome.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    No wine-ing.

Whiskey for me, bourbon with soda water and lime is delightful, like a whiskey-ade. I don't like beer, personally, despite the influx of very trendy, delightful little craft breweries around here.
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
  • ajw101788
    ajw101788 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Whiskey hands down.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

Why have I not heard of this before and why is it not in my life already?!?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    daj150 wrote: »

Why have I not heard of this before and why is it not in my life already?!?

Bourbon County stout from Goose Island is the most well known. My go-to is from Central Waters in Amherst, Wisconsin. I know Founders, Lexington, Stone, and Anderson Valley all make versions, and I know many more brewers do as well.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

Damn, you beat me to it!
  • everl0ng
    everl0ng Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whiskey is good for the soul.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Whisky! Consumed neat. Nice thing is you appreciate its flavor and that also helps reduce eating while enjoying a drink. It's also one of the lowest calorie alcohol choices out there consumed neat (or with a few drops of water or ice)

When I have beer I almost always start looking for salty snacks right away.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    powered85 wrote: »
    Whisky! Consumed neat. Nice thing is you appreciate its flavor and that also helps reduce eating while enjoying a drink. It's also one of the lowest calorie alcohol choices out there consumed neat (or with a few drops of water or ice)

When I have beer I almost always start looking for salty snacks right away.

I still like mine on the rocks. But I'm firmly n the "both" camp. Just that it has to be better than what I used to consume as I'm not drinking as much so I damn well better enjoy what I do drink. Guinness or a good Porter for beer and something expensive on the Scotch side. Worst is Crown Royal and Coke zero.

Also Gin. Found a nice, tasty local gin a few years back that is really good.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Someone posted the light beers in another thread.

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-drinks/15-bikini-friendly-beers

Guinness is only 109.

Woo hoo