Newbies: Fill In Your Food Diary EVERY DAY!

Options
CanWillMust
CanWillMust Posts: 3 Member
Who else would like the added accountability of making sure your food/exercise journal is filled out accurately every day? I know I struggle if I haven't told someone else I need to do it! ☺

Replies

• janey43jane
    janey43jane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newbie here..... this is a good challenge for me to undertake.....
  • Yogidog20
    Yogidog20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thank u!
  • Yogidog20
    Yogidog20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u for starting this canwillmust, great name:). I am the same if I tell others I am going to do it, he'll or high water I get it done.

I joined site yesterday I am having trouble figuring out how to use the diary, any tips, tutorials or models to look at?

How do you all go about filling them out?

When you say "accurately" what do you mean:)

Do we check back in on this thread each day?

Thanks so much I am camping and on limited battery and Internet connection (outside in mcdonalds parking lot!) otherwise I would have all day to browse around the site and figure it out myself, but this is a super great to get healthy and want to get started.

Thanks

• joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    challenge accepted. lets do this!!

im not sure how to add friends using the app so add me up im pretty sure my journal is open ill see if i can figure it out

add me up need friends
  • CanWillMust
    CanWillMust Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay, glad to see this could be helpful for others as well! I struggle with binge eating and I really need the accountability to help me actually start to tackle the problem :) Let's do it!
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
  • angelious
    angelious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    joetalk wrote: »
    challenge accepted. lets do this!!

im not sure how to add friends using the app so add me up im pretty sure my journal is open ill see if i can figure it out

add me up need friends

Hi Joe, to add people on a phone app first click their username. It takes you to a landing page. Click again and it will take you to their "profile". There is an add friend button on the right/ above if you are on a computer.
  • angelious
    angelious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yogidog20 wrote: »
    Thank u for starting this canwillmust, great name:). I am the same if I tell others I am going to do it, he'll or high water I get it done.

I joined site yesterday I am having trouble figuring out how to use the diary, any tips, tutorials or models to look at?

How do you all go about filling them out?

When you say "accurately" what do you mean:)

Do we check back in on this thread each day?

Thanks so much I am camping and on limited battery and Internet connection (outside in mcdonalds parking lot!) otherwise I would have all day to browse around the site and figure it out myself, but this is a super great to get healthy and want to get started.

Thanks

Hi Yogidog,
    Filling your diary is easy on the app click the plus symbol, select food and then select the meal you intend to fill in. You can search for food by name e.g. chicken breast grilled, or when using packaged items use the barcode scanner to quickly find items. I find that feature very handy.

I think "accuracy' in this case means honestly adding every food you have eaten over the course of a day in actual amount e.g. weight/size.

In terms of logging into the thread I don't think it is necessary. If we all friend each other we can see and get notifications when our "friends" complete their diary and give each other "likes" and comments. But perhaps people will want to post here as an extra measure.

Btw- you are all welcome to "friend' me for accountability.
  • Jolond1
    Jolond1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I was committed to counting calories I lost 40 pounds, then I slowly slipped away, started eating bad, stop weighing in and I gained 33 pounds back in a little over a year. I definitely need to track my eating because I overeat when I am not thinking about the calories. I need some accountability partners so feel free to add me. It takes a few minutes to enter my calories...I better make time for my health!
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks again my friend this has heloed me make friends to go on this journey with