Not so new - New mom - 10 kilos to lose :)

Options
yaomacha
yaomacha Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone !

My name is Macha, I'm a French girl living in UK. I've been on MFP since a long time ago but the most weight I lost was about 3 kg then I ended up sabotaging myself, every single time and now I'm 2.5kg more than I was at the beginning :neutral: . I have an history with binge eating disorder but this part has been better recently. I guess I just don't have time for that as I have got a super dynamic 6 months baby girl to take care of and I work from home as a freelance graphic designer. I let you guys imagine the pretty picture. I'm still really into over-eating though !

Ok. So back in 2011, after 5 months of dieting, I got my ideal weight at that time (58kg). Then life happened and I ended up gaining 14 kg since then (now 72,5kg). I don't feel like myself. Good part is I lost pretty much all the baby weight thanks to breastfeeding I guess...but I begin to gain some more back so that's why I'm here today (still breastfeeding though). I really want to make a change, for good, this year.

My goal is to lose 10 kg by the end of April (goal weight : 63kg). My problem is commitment so I'd be happy to read some tips :wink: and get some support. Also I think I know to much how to enjoy life haha, always something to celebrate with a pizza or an ice cream, comfy evenings on Netflix with hubby and chinese take away because baby's finally asleep, big French breakfast just because I miss home, a devil cake at tea time because it's shopping day yay. This happy-non-healthy circle needs to stop. I want to be healthy and live long (and prosper!).
:#
Love cooking (especially healthy meals I can post on IG with pride), running (even though it's hard to find the time and let's just say my perineum is not happy since the delivery). I recently bought an indoor bike to help me reach my goal.
That's pretty much about it :smile:

Hope to read you guys soon. I'd be happy to get some friends to chat along the road.
Take care xxx

Replies

• tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Macha, I think firstly allow up to a year after having a baby to be anywhere near 'normal'... six months is good to start making sensible changes but weight loss should not be a priority at this stage. Make some changes- stop rewarding yourself with food, be realistic about how much you eat in a day and move a bit more. Also work that pelvic floor ready for a few months time when you can start running again! You get to a stage in life when you have to stop making excuses and laughing about over-indulgence and change it. You can do it and your child will of course benefit the most from a happier, healthier parent. Good luck! You can do it!