I am a Grandma

Options
Sandydur
Sandydur Posts: 9,085 Member
I am a 66 year old grandma who would like to lose 15 pounds. I do try and watch what I eat and I started doing my eliptical January 5. I know it is harder to lose and firm up when you are older but hopefully I can do it. My downfall is candy and I have been pretty good about not eating any. :)

126916.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free

Replies

• Sandydur
    Options
    I am a 66 year old grandma who would like to lose 15 pounds. I do try and watch what I eat and I started doing my eliptical January 5. I know it is harder to lose and firm up when you are older but hopefully I can do it. My downfall is candy and I have been pretty good about not eating any. :)

126916.png
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals! You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
    I am trying to get my 70 year old mom on this site. She needs to lose more than you but I need to find a way to her motivated! :ohwell:
    I don't live near her so it makes it harder. I know if we lived near each other we could do it together.:frown:
    Anyway, take care and stay away from that candy!!!:wink:
  • RandJsmomMary
    Options
    never to late to get healthy and fit you wil be a hot grandma
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Loving this site already!! Thanks for all the encouragement and the great welcome. :love:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Hi....I am a 69 year old gramma of 9......I have been on this site for about 3 weeks.....I have not lost anything yet....however...I am a member of another site...which is very similer to this on....I have been over there since Feb 2007.....I to date have lost 50+ pounds....and I am just about where I want to be..

I also use an Elliptical Trainer....I do 30 minutes a day...15 minutes at a time....

I am still a newbie here but want to welcome you.....YOU CAN DO IT....:flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

we are all here for the same reason and to help each other :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, you will love it here, I absoultly love it. I just wanted to to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey and that you can do it!!!!!!!!!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    126916.png
  • TRYATRIGRANNIE
    Options
    Hi -
    I'm a grannie too and just joined today. I think all of us fitness grannies should have our own thread. Anyone know how to do that

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]135824.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am not a grandma, but am old enuf to be!! It is wonderful you are taking care of yourself. NOW is the time, right?/

Welcome and if you have any questions feel free to pm me!!

:flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! If you want a Grannie Thread all you have to do is put up a post and label it Grannie thread or whatever you want to call it. Put it in the Motivation board and see what you can get. i am so sure you can get some responses! Good luck to you all!!
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    There is one......SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB.......I post over there....I do not know the ages....but the oldest member is 78.......Check it out.....

It is in Fitness and Exercise......
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Where did you go Sandydur :huh: ......I hope you are still enjoying it here.....I am.....even if my weight was up today...it will go back down.....:flowerforyou:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I am still here, but my son is painting my house and I am soooooo busy. I am still watching my calories and still doing my eliptical. I also have a Wii fit that I at least do the body test everyday.
    I was discouraged today because I have been working so hard to lose weight and it seems I gained about 1/2 pound and my Wii Fit told me I was overweight. :frown: My son who used to be a trainer said not to pay attention to my weight because sometimes you gain a little with muscle. Geez I hope he is right because I have been trying to diet and excersise since right after the New Year and I am not losing any weight. :angry: Will keep you posted, my official weigh in is on Sundays so maybe something will change by then. :tongue:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey hot grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the club. Your keep up the hard work and 15 pounds will be gone in no time!

YAY FOR YOU!

GO Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Hey BigGramma...I just looked at your pictures and what a great job you did in losing weight. You are my inspiration that it can be done at our ages. :flowerforyou:
  • Felixanvk
    Options
    Welcome
    You can do it!
    Count on us
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome Grandma :flowerforyou: I'm a grandma too :happy: Trying to get healthy so when I have great grand children I will be healthy and be able to play with them. But I sure hope it isn't very soon :laugh: Good luck on your journey.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    Hi and Welcome aboard. I am a grandma too. Yes, indeed when you get older much harder to lose but I am going to stick with it as I know that you will.