6 and a half stone GONE! 259lbs to 168lbs (Pics)

Options
Lambykins93
Lambykins93 Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2017 in Success Stories
I started my journey a WHOLE YEAR ago now. I'm not exactly sure what day I started, because my tracking on MFP in the beginning is a bit all over the place, but I started in the first 2 weeks of January. Regardless, since that defining moment, all together I have lost 6st 7lbs/ 41.3kg/ 91lbs. I started my journey at 18st 7lbs, a U.K. size 20-22, and today I stand at 12st exactly, a U.K. size 12.

spe2u38ljm3b.jpg

t0wh8fujlz9e.jpg

My goal by the end of the year is to achieve my target weight (between 10st and 10st 10lbs) and tone up while improving my fitness level. I have recently started jogging and I'm able to confidently go for 1 mile/ 1.6km before I feel like I'm struggling a little. I aim to be able to run a 5km Race for Life without stopping by the end of 2017.

I started my journey just tracking on My Fitness Pal and getting a Fitbit. For exercise, I only walked until about a month ago. I ensured I got my 13,000 steps a day, 99% of the time, regardless of what else was happening that day. My motivation to be healthier and reach my goals was definitely the most important factor in helping me to achieve what I have done so far.

I love looking at these success stories, and they also motivated me at difficult times, so I hope my continuing journey to success is motivating for some of you. :)

Replies

• morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Fantastic weigh loss!! I'm also a "success story"

Fab x
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You are so amazing - I tend to lurk success stories but had to comment on yours. So superb! :)
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.....and I love the slippers
  • valerieuk1708
    valerieuk1708 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your terrific achievement :)
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congrats girl!
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello,

I wanted to explain the edits to some posts in this thread. Please make sure all posts follow the MyFitnessPal forum guidelines.

In particular, please note these two guidelines:

Guideline 7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

and

Guideline 14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.

c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

Please take some time to review the site's guidelines at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you are enjoying the site.

Best regards,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator Team
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @Lambykins93 Fantastic job!
  • Lambykins93
    Lambykins93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I wanted to explain the edits to some posts in this thread. Please make sure all posts follow the MyFitnessPal forum guidelines.

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

and

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.

c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

Best regards,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator Team

Apologies! Because it is my weightloss Instagram page, which I use to track my progress in collaboration with MFP, I thought it was okay to share this info with other users. I know for future reference. Is there anywhere I can publicly share my Instagram username for other MFP members? Or would it be preferred that I not?
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look fantastic and I love the pink slippers! : )
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Congratulations on your success!!
  • WickedMotivated
    WickedMotivated Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • agereaix
    agereaix Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    fantastic job! wow
  • laurasjourney88
    laurasjourney88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational! I'm currently weighing your starting weight, and feel like the end is a long long long way away!!! youre looking fab!!!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hello,

and

Best regards,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator Team

Apologies! Because it is my weightloss Instagram page, which I use to track my progress in collaboration with MFP, I thought it was okay to share this info with other users. I know for future reference. Is there anywhere I can publicly share my Instagram username for other MFP members? Or would it be preferred that I not?

Congrats, and I love those slippers.
    -- You can prob. just say PM if you want my Instagram for additional info.
  • beepman1966
    beepman1966 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All that I can say is...WOW!
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Where do you find the time for 13,000 steps!? I struggle getting to 10,000 during the darker months. In the summer it's easier as I can just go for an extra walk after work.

Tips?
  • theconstantine
    theconstantine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZEBALLS! Awesome job. You are an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!