Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Quick and easy lunch ideas?

lucyyybbb
lucyyybbb Posts: 3 Member
Any lunch ideas which I can prep the night before to take to work?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sammich...salad...leftover dinner from the night before.
  • VCH87
    VCH87 Posts: 8 Member
    I usually make: wraps filled with spinach/salad, chicken, fetacheese. Or a salad with: 2 eggs/chickenbreast, lettuce, fetacheese, walnuts (something carby can be added; ie pasta).
    Good question; ill be following for more inspiration :smile:
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Chicken salad?
    Make a pot of soup and split into a few containers

I like to cook a big pack of chicken on Sunday and put it in the fridge so I always have chicken on hand to throw something together for lunches. Or make an extra serving of whatever dinner you're cooking and take your leftovers
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I frequently make a big pot of soup and portion it out for the week. It usually makes enough to eat for a week and freeze some. Add some fresh veggies on the side, and I'm done. On days where I'm totally lacking in motivation, I'll take a Greek yogurt, a banana, and a serving of peanuts for lunch.
  • Hertzlerkin
    Hertzlerkin Posts: 7 Member
    Peanut butter & banana sandwich, raw veggies,salad or pickles, yogurt.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I like grilling up a few chicken breasts. Then dividing the meat into several zip-lock baggies and storing in the freezer. That way I have individual salad portions - Caesar, Taco, Harvest, Asian - so many salad combos.
  • michproca
    michproca Posts: 19 Member
    This week, I prepared Rainbow Chicken, a recipe I found on Pinterest. Very tasty and easy to prepare. (I divided servings into 5 portions so I would have enough for the whole week.) I love my salads for lunch but it was nice to have something warm today for a change. I added just a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette (less than a tsp.) because I was afraid it would be dry. My favorite part is the roasted grape tomatoes!!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I make a huge pot of soup over the weekend. If I'm not in the mood for soup (rarely) or have really good leftovers, I will take them.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I cook, divide, and freeze. In the morning I can decide what I want from the many options in my freezer.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I always try to cook extra at dinner, and use the leftovers for lunch the next day.