2017 New Beginning

Hello to everyone. I'm not new here but I have a new attitude. I made a decision to make myself the priority. My weight has been an issue since the birth of my children. I love being a mom. Now, they are adults I can get back to me. I am my own baby now. I'm probably weighing in at 275 lbs and I'm no longer afraid to tell the truth out loud. I need support my loved ones are with me but don't understand.
I have 100 lbs to lose. I'm not in a rush but I'm trying to push to see results by my son's graduation and my daughter's birthday a little after New Year 18.

I feel like I can be free here to discuss issues about weight without being judged and that means a lot.

Thanksueov8a4mqtbf.jpg

Replies

• moni032000
    moni032000 Posts: 34 Member
    Always good to reset. I have done that many times. You will succeed because you are speaking it and taking action. I'll send a friend request to follow your journey.
  • merthomas129
    merthomas129 Posts: 1 Member
    Starting a new journey, down a familiar path. Hoping to feel stronger, and a little lighter this year. It's a reboot for me after loosing some weight then gaining it back. Anyone interested in buddying up for the journey to better Heath and energy?
  • spsindra
    spsindra Posts: 3 Member
    moni032000 wrote: »
    Always good to reset. I have done that many times. You will succeed because you are speaking it and taking action. I'll send a friend request to follow your journey.

Thank you @moni032000 I truly appreciate it and accepted. You are not alone. @merthomas129 I'm often forgetful but you can consider me for support
  • satemoses
    satemoses Posts: 8 Member
    You are awesome! I've been able to release 47 lbs since July with JJ Smith Smoothie Cleanse. Her Facebook group is very helpful and will help you stay motivated. You can do it. Having like minded people with the goal of weigh loss will help.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    I was in the same position last year. The first step is admitting we need to lose weight and get healthy. The second is holding ourselves accountable. It's not easy by any means but here on mfp it just makes thing more fun!!! FR coming your way.
  • bmoretrina
    bmoretrina Posts: 1 Member
    How do you log in your smoothies using the app?
  • cbdhorn7059
    cbdhorn7059 Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck to u and you will be in my prayers. Just like u I have an adult son of 19 and a 16 year old son. My goal is to lose 50lbs. by Sept. I will be 40 years old and i want to look and feel good. My current weight is 228 lbs and i have very high blood pressure so wish me luck.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi Sandra, 43, UK here. Starting again with weight loss! Going to make 2017 my year! I have been saying that for a few years though. Im 5'4", 185lbs, down from 232 but that has taken 5 yrs ish.

Always happy to have new friends, even better if they are local and can become real life, but any and all are welcome. For me, I love rock and prog music, Im not religious, I love all people,no matter what you look like, your skin Tone, or faith, sexuality etc I dont care I will only judge you in how you are with me. If only all the world was like that eh lol happy to be friends on FB too though I dont talk wieght loss on there - too many nosey *kitten* lol

Im married with 2 sons - 6 yr old in Yr 1 of pre-prep juniors, and the other is 18 and away at university reading MA in philosophy and politics. Im a scientist and my husband is an engineer.
    X
  • JiviLynn
    JiviLynn Posts: 11 Member
    Hi to all. New, again. Let's do this. I want to feel better.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Hows everyones day been? Im in London today with my son, we've come to see Trainspotting Live. So far im at about 800 cals, but have 800 left from food and the walking exercise cals. Great choices made I think - I made a banana, avacado and coconut smoothie. , surprisngly filling and tasty.
    Then just had lattee and some Itsu crackers. Now im sat in Pret having the chicken, broccoli and rice soup. Today feels good. :)