Minor improvements- Glutes

Options
Things I'm doing: Leg press, squats, kickbacks, hip thrusts, leg curls.
Eating well- "cheat" meals maybe once a week. Eating throughout the day, proteins,carbs. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
should I incorporate cardio to see results?? I'm trying to build muscle, so iv been following advice to stay away from cardio. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this?

Are you eating in a surplus?

Are you on a progressive lifting program?
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just keep being consistent and don't give up. That is the key. Also keep a diary on your training maybe increase what you eat slightly so you have an excess to ten into muscle. Remember impeovments don't happen over night it's through a period of time. So keep at it
  • Milica986
    Milica986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long have you been working out? And how many sets/reps? Weight?
    There are many good bodyweight exercises for the glutes. They are great not only for the glutes, but for the whole body.
    s9ci55oqezsa.jpg
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to gain muscle you know you have to be eating above maintenance calories, right? It doesn't sound like you are if you're mentioning cheat meals.
  • jayjsee
    jayjsee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, make sure you're eating more, especially more proteins and slowly start adding my weights to your lifting. The more you workout, the more you should eat (lots of protein).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with cardio. It won't hurt your muscle building goals, you just need to also do lifting. What kind of results are you expecting in what amount of time?