Tried every diet going - this has to work for me

Options
Helegav
Helegav Posts: 1 Member
Hi I've tried every diet going Atkins, lighterlife, weight watchers and slimming world failed them all and spent loads of money - I really like the approach to this because I can have a bit of what I like and not feel guilty - I have just joined a gym with a pool and suprised at the amount of calories I can burn out by swimming - so I'm hoping this is going to work for me - watch this space !

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Look at this as a new healthy lifestyle. Take it one day at a time - eat healthy, exercise, and take advantage of all the tools MFP provides. You can do this!
  • Kim_SFB
    Kim_SFB Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hi : ) Diets don't work, but eating better and making better choices do help. It's the diet mindset that sets us up for failure. Good Luck : )
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You sound like me. Tried it all and it all came back. I'm no longer thinking "diet". I am simply watching what I eat, being accountable for it and getting some excercise. So far its working and being able to be in the good company of so many who are doing the same has been very beneficial. OH YEAH and FREE is a really good thing!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also an ex-weight watchers member :) Taking a look at the daily record of what you eat will get you into the right mindset. You will notice that you will pick something up with fewer calories over the fattening stuff. You can do this, just take it one day at a time. Good Luck!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It will work! Just do it! And the best part is as you said- you can have what you really want. Just make trade-offs. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet- so I feel like I can do this forever! And I have been at it for almost 9 months!
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    Not a diet...a lifestyle :-) welcome to the new you!
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I've tried every diet going Atkins, lighterlife, weight watchers and slimming world failed them all and spent loads of money - I really like the approach to this because I can have a bit of what I like and not feel guilty - I have just joined a gym with a pool and suprised at the amount of calories I can burn out by swimming - so I'm hoping this is going to work for me - watch this space !

Welcome and good luck, careful with the calories/swimming thing. For some people it is OK but for example if my daughter wishes to concentrate on weight reduction she has to do other cardio besides swimming. She is a college level swimmer and can swim 7000 yards at a time easily but still not lose weight despite eating right.

I did some checking and some theorize it might be due to the water cooling the body but YRMV!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Best Wishes to you- this is the beauty I've found- if you make healthier choices, and exercise- both your body and self-control- and give your body the nutrients and water it was designed to run on,

it's amazing how this "machine" will run...and how much better you'll feel.........

And WA LA>>>>>>>the excess weight and fat fall off as an added bonus............