Restarting! Let's be friends!

Options
Hi everyone :)
I used MFP successfully in the past and lost a significant amount of weight and sadly gained it all back! Right now I am back on track and looking for supportive friends. Many of my friends in my peer circle are great motivators but don't understand the struggles that come with losing weight. I am committed to healthy weight loss (I am a program coordinator for an eating disorder treatment facility and work directly with clients, including modeling normalized eating with them in therapeutic meals so I don't do "diet" foods around them typically, which has lead to weight gain)
I am also a competitive powerlifter but I have not been able to return to a routine lately. I have a difficult relationship with the gym because of negative experiences in the peak of my health, so it is a struggle

I have an amazing fiancée and we are getting married this October. He is extremely supportive and validating in all ways, and I feel like sometimes I just need an extra kick in the pants! He is a bigger guy and has lost 30# since last year when I started making moves towards a healthier lifestyle again. I think he is perfect the way he is, and he says the same for me, but I will admit, we both would love to lose a few (...okay quite a bit) of weight before our wedding in October.
Feel free to add my on here and message me with some info! I'm really looking forward to joining a community of people on similar paths and goals!
I am 5'3, looking to lose about 40#, optimally about 60#. I have been aiming for short term goals (5# at a time, etc). I am a size 14 jeans, an XL in tops (I am VERY large chested, even at my all-time fittest) so clothing goals are helpful to me as well.
Thanks so much in advance! Let's do this!

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too! Let's be friends!
  • chesitymcgee1
    chesitymcgee1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me to let's be friends
  • tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes please!!
  • fitRTs
    fitRTs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new MFP friends! Anyone feel free to add.
  • destinydoggie
    destinydoggie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm in the same situation, lost about 50 pounds five years ago but just stopped caring. I didn't really gain my weight back, but it kind of depresses me to think how much I could have lost lol. It's great that you have a really supportive fiancé, I bet you'll be able to stick with it. Good luck!
  • thumbingmyway524
    thumbingmyway524 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support! I'm very grateful :) I've been on here solo for about 2 weeks now and I'm down about 6 lbs so I would really like to shoot for 40 more by 10/21/17 (wedding day!)
    Right now I'm trying to find home workouts I can start with that don't require weights. We have an elliptical at the house and I have a gym membership that is right down the road- finding the time to get there is hard!
  • jonessoda17
    jonessoda17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both about a month in. Although this is not my first time getting into shape. I have been into powerlifting/fitness since highschool, I just fell off the wagon hard the last two years. Anyway try to force yourself to hit that gym! It will become a habit once you keep at it and it feels way easier to find time to go :) Ill add you. Feel free to messege about anything that helps you stay motivated. It helps me stay motivated as well lol
  • martn78
    martn78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the community, and congratulations on your engagement! Very happy for you and him :). I am on a journey to lose 200 pounds, so will be on here for the long haul. First 25 days have been a struggle, but it's a new day and a new month, so am excited. Have a wonderful weekend!
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Same here girl! Thankfully, I didn't gain it all back and caught myself, but I am still so far off from my goal! Add me :)
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends! :)
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am restarting too! I used to be an avid runner and sub-4 hour marathoner and now I am at the heaviest I have ever been. Ready to get a head start on all the news years resolutioners! Feel free to friend me!
  • teddyrichards
    teddyrichards Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am starting again need to lose 20
  • WilsonC29
    WilsonC29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost around 2 stone with the 5:2 diet but had to give it up due to the other effects it had on me. I put the weight back on, I'm now 12 stone 12 pounds and 5'6'' fall. I'm an hourglass figure and relatively happy with my shape, would like to loose around 2 stone purely for the health benefits. Would like some connections on her for support and encouragement.
  • mlbradley43
    mlbradley43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting my weight loss journey I have 200lbs to loose I have some health issues that prohibited to gaining weight. I want to be healthy and happy and have more energy as well. I am seeing a nutritionist and a metabolic doctor to help me along my way. I also have to log my food and see them once a month to see how much I loose.
    Looking for encouragement and support.
  • m0niqueee
    m0niqueee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate about losing and gaining the weight back, this time around I'm serious and would love to motivate each other!
  • thumbingmyway524
    Options
    Bump :)
  • PerbyP
    PerbyP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also a start-over! Gained back the 44 pounds after my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 months of being diagnosed. Have to lose 144 pounds in total.... I am eating LCHF (low carb high fat) as I want to stay away from carbs and sugar being food for cancer....
    Started on January 1, 4 pounds down so far.
    Snow shoveling keeping me busy as well as the rowing machine I bought our family for Christmas. We have a rowing challenge going for at least 20 minutes/day.
    My cousin managed to loose 150 pounds and she has been keeping it down now for 3 years and if she can do it, we all can.
    Hope to find a lot of friends here!
  • thumbingmyway524
    Options
    PerbyP wrote: »
    I am also a start-over! Gained back the 44 pounds after my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 months of being diagnosed. Have to lose 144 pounds in total.... I am eating LCHF (low carb high fat) as I want to stay away from carbs and sugar being food for cancer....
    Started on January 1, 4 pounds down so far.
    Snow shoveling keeping me busy as well as the rowing machine I bought our family for Christmas. We have a rowing challenge going for at least 20 minutes/day.
    My cousin managed to loose 150 pounds and she has been keeping it down now for 3 years and if she can do it, we all can.
    Hope to find a lot of friends here!

So sorry to hear about your loss! I lived a low carb lifestyle for a while when I was competing, however it is too restrictive at work and therefore, not feasible, since I eat with clients.
  • PerbyP
    PerbyP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!