protein bars

Options

Replies

• jf3334
    jf3334 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein. I get them at target for $15/box of 12, which seems reasonable for protein bars. I have only had the chocolate caramel bar because it is so good and don't want to risk buying a box of a flavor I don't like. It's basically a Snickers with 190 calories and 20 grams of protein.

I like Quest cookies and cream too, but it is harder for me to find and more expensive. I think questbbars probably have better nutrition facts though.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jf3334 wrote: »
    I like Pure Protein. I get them at target for $15/box of 12, which seems reasonable for protein bars. I have only had the chocolate caramel bar because it is so good and don't want to risk buying a box of a flavor I don't like. It's basically a Snickers with 190 calories and 20 grams of protein

The Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe is so good and tastes like a brownie. My favorite! 180 calories and 21g protein. The chocolate caramel is my next favorite. :)
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    ^^ WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?! I know what I'm doing tomorrow!!!!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Zone perfect bars are good and taste like candy to me :)

Oh and quest bars. There's several that's are super yum, but they're so damn expensive. Ugh. Lower the prices, quest!
  • bbyblu82
    bbyblu82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Isagenix bars are great! I also like the Kirkland protein bars (chocolate brownie and cookie dough).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Grenade Carb Killa's are the best tasting protein bars I've ever eaten.
  • bmc3991
    bmc3991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you tried epic bars? They are meat a meat product that have limited added sugar and no additives. Healthy and pure protein.
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    QNT protein bars for me. 178 calories, 25g protein and nice and chewy
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Protein dynamix do an amazing protein bar like so so so good trust me and try them they are like a toffee crisp with protein
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Luna protein chocolate chip cookie dough. I love to have it with my afternoon coffee! :p
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I really like Atkins bars, the chocolate peanut butter is delicious. I've never done Atkins diet so I was kinda weary but they're good!
  • cavanaughb
    cavanaughb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Rise bars? Simple ingredients, whey protein. They're not as tasty as others but I like the real ingredients and protein content.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Pure Protein are my favorite.

^ this!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I had heard such great things about Quest bars that I went out and bought a couple to try. They were thrown out after two bites. The fake sugar aftertaste is horrid in my opinion, I really don't know how so many people love them so much.
    I don't do fake sugars, though, so maybe if you're used to them?

The bars I do like are Clif peanut butter chocolate chip (10-ish g protein), and Clif Builder peanut butter chocolate chip (20 g protein). I also love, love, love Peanut butter chocolate chip ( so you sense a theme?) Lara bars, but they only have 6 or 7 g of protein. They often serve as my "candy bar".
  • BiomedDent
    BiomedDent Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The Atkins bars are amazing.

My
    Favourite is the mint decadence and the cookies and cream.

Quest bar are also good! I cut them into four and put them in my George Forman grill-kinda makes cookies
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    I forgot to include Oatmega bars. They are so tasty! The mint chocolate chip is my favorite. Plus, for every box bought, they donate a box to those in need.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Why not make some? They are quick and easy - and a little cheaper.

Stir together Protein Bar
    • 1/2 Cup Milk (amount depends on the absorbency of the protein powder.)
    • 3 Tablespoons Pure Honey
    • 250g Natural nut/seed Butter (Around 16 Tablespoons - or one pot of 'Pip&nut' cashew nut butter or peanut butter)

• 2 Cups Rolled Oats (160g)
    4 &1/2 Scoops Protein Powder (135g) -Chocolate or Vanilla have worked very well

Optional flavour:
    2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon or 2 teasp cocoa powder or mixed spice or ground ginger or chilli...)

Extras:
    • Handful Chocolate Chips /Chopped cherries/chopped crystalized ginger/coconut/ (sweetener if you have a very sweet tooth!)
    • Handful Dried fruit/ chopped nuts

Mix milk, honey, and peanut butter in a pan over low heat until combined and warmed.
    Add in the rest of the ingredients and more milk if recipe appears to be too dry (aim for a soft dough).
    Once mixed press into a greased pan/dish. (I line mine with foil or paper first)
    Let cool/harden before cutting them and wrapping them individually. I keep them out of sight in the fridge...
  • luan7372
    luan7372 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Grenade carb killas...omg...delicious!!!! :)