Crying out for support

Options
Going to get it out now, this has been a struggle my entire life. I've always been the fat girl in school. I mean I lost weight, but I didn't keep it off. My weight has fluctuated since I was child. My diet has never been permanently healthy. I go through periods in my life where I crave nothing, but my portions are too big. Or I crave everything and binge.

I am my own worst enemy, too. Everyone says "Just be positive" or "Encourage yourself" and I'm like encourage myself to eat? Sure! Not what they meant, but I can't seem to have a positive mentality about losing weight and being a happier and healthier me.

It's been hard because I fly Han Solo. I have a partner and a daughter, but no support system whatsoever from him or family. So, constantly I fall off the wagon and go back to my old habits. But I want more kids, so this has to be done.

Help? I want support. Friends who are honest, remind me what I'm working for, someone I can vent to, someone who tells me to knock it off when I want to give up and tell me I need to work my *kitten* off for ME and for the wants I have in life! Is that too much to ask for?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    the first step to making the change is understanding what stands in your way. feel free to friend me - I'm more focused on maintenance/body recomp than weight loss - but I can support you
  • NewCat63
    NewCat63 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can help you with support and motivation if your diary is OPEN add me if you are interested
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    We can all use support and motivation..feel free to add me
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • poborox
    poborox Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hey @chocobokay ! I created a group a few days ago that may suit you! It's for girls around 25-35 who want to lose 30+lbs. Here's the link if your interested.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118006-superchicks-2017
  • marieannoxley
    marieannoxley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight has also been a problem my entire life. I'm finally comfortable in my skin, but I am still soooo unhealthy and finally doing something about it. I don't have much of a support either... free to add me! :)
    You got this!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Add me? :) Everyone falls off the wagon sometimes. From Oct 11th until Dec 18th I lost about 25lbs. I got back to Onederland (under 200lbs). I think I gained a couple back, but I restarted my diet this last week. Inconsistency a little bit is OK... just don't let it make you give up!