Anyone starting plan that has had thyroid cancer in the past?

Options
Hi! Today is day one on the plan. I had my thyroid removed 4 yrs ago due to cancer. I was wondering if anyone else has successfully completed the plan and lost weight. I am not able to take the kelp or other items that are to strengthen the thyroid because it need the cells that I still have to remain silent. Thank you for any feedback!

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,779 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :) I can't help with the thyroid issues but I hope you find some friends here that can help.
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used mfp in the past and lost over 100 lbs in June 2016 I was diagnosed with papillary and folicalular thyroid cancer. I have gained 80lbs in this time. I also have issue with needing suppression with certain food avoidanc. My meds are almost where they should be so here I am trying to start this journey again! Would love your input too
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2013, thyroidectromy in 2014 - i don't eat kelp, extremely limited soy products and my medication has just been tweaked (we upped dosage) and i'm feeling more human already.