HRM

Options
Can anyone suggest a HRM that will show me how many calories I've burned but won't break the bank? I'd love the body bugg but I find it a little pricey. Thanks!

Replies

• lam072
    lam072 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT40. I paid about $100 for it. I also spent the extra $50 for the unit that allows me to upload my data to their web site, www.polarpersonaltrainer.com.

I also had used a lower end version the F6 (I think it is an older model). That worked well too. Good luck and keep moving.
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    If you can save up and get the body bugg I would do that. I have one and LOVE it!!!! I got the digital display with it so I can see everything I'm doing during the day without having to take it off and hook it up to the computer.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Look into Polar. You can find a F4 on Amazon around $50. For a bit more you can get a F6 (this is what I have) that I hear is a bit more accurate. You'll hear you can't change the battery but I've done it and it's super easy. I previously had a Timex and it only lasted a year. Besides the F6 I also have a Garmin and LOVE it but, it is expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Bronze/dp/B001U0OFD2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310936967&sr=8-2
  • conradt
    conradt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Polar has a bunch of different ones, that are in the $100 range...that's about as low as I've seen them. Most sporting goods stores have them, Amazon.com too. It's really worth the investment to know exactly how much you burn. Sometimes it agrees with the machines in the health club, sometime they don't. Most health club machines will synch to the Polar. And I've found that most of the time, myfitnesspal's default calories are more generous than what I actually burn.

Good luck.
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If you are wondering about HR Monitors...

I have posted this message in the past, but I am a big fan of Polar (one of their Ambassadors) and they have a wonderful line of HRM's. I have been using their products for about a year and a half.

I started with (and most recommend) the FT7 - about $90 to $105, but after 8 months, I graduated to the FT80, which gave me GPS, Fitness Tests (VO2max), a visual display of my HR, Strength Training detail (add you entire lifting routine into the watch) and a great online community that supports me through challenges (uploading through a Flow Link accessory). I use it for the elliptical, tennis and weight lifting.

Online the FT80 lists at $349. I have seen it as low as $299 (with a Flow Link) at heartratemonitorusa.com.

See the results:

http://www.polar.fi/en/polar_community/polar_people/Andrew

Polar also has a really great line of basic HR monitors. The FT4 (about $60-$70 online) will count your calories and store the info. When you step up to the FT 7, FT40 FT60 & FT80 they can all upload results to polarpersonaltrainer.com...each adds a feature up the line and you should select a monitor that matches your lifestyle/budget.

See their website:

http://www.polar.fi/en/
  • ltbrdg
    ltbrdg Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info everybody!
  • jojobird2011
    Options
    I'm actually looking for the same thing