Macro Help

Options
I recently started tracking macros and I am having a really hard time keeping up with protein. I can also add a little bit of carbs but I am short around 100 grams of protein each day. How important is it to try and max out protein every day? What foods are people eating that is high in protein?

Replies

• Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you trying to get in? Not sure how TRULY important it is to go crazy, but if I want to hit my protein goals, I have to start early. In the morning I eat an "Egg Mc'Muffin" with one egg and one egg white, in addition to Canadian bacon (ham). If I remember right, that is 21 grams of protein. From there, I try to incorporate protein in every one of my snacks, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, string cheese, 4 oz of chicken as part of my meal(s) and a protein bar as a "treat/dessert". There's always protein shakes/powders as well.
  • Danie651
    Danie651 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to coles or Safeway or whatever your local store is and buy the little 90gram cans of tuna that come in heaps of different flavours. They are brilliant in small size and i think they have enough protein to push you over - they always work for me and they are a yummy snack :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to gain muscle or lose fat, protein is fairly important. Aim for around 0.6g/lbs of bodyweight as an approximate goal.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My Protein Smoothie(R): 1.5 servings whole milk (Fairlife), .5 servings greek yogurt, 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition protein powder, then whatever fruit I feel like.

~600 calories, 43 carbs, 11 fat, 78 protein, 90 calcium