Positive thoughts

Options
Hi guys,
I'm trying to get into a better mindset and learn to love my current body instead of the body I'm trying to achieve so that I can have more positivity. I just can't seem to prevent all of these negative thoughts in my head all the time...I want to train myself so that whenever I think something negative, I have something positive to counter it. For example, if I think "my stomach sticks out so much more than my sisters!", I'll quickly remind myself, "but it sure sticks out a lot less than two years ago". Any ideas for positive thoughts in general?:)

Replies

• snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I recommend a book called Lose Weight Without Dieting by David Nordmark. It's about retraining the mind and developing some positive patterns with eating and exercise. It was a great help to me.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I think it's a muscle that can be strengthened- exactly as you're doing it. Re direct your thoughts. It's ok if a neg thought pop ups, acknowledge that you are going to reframe how you see the situation. Good for you!!!!!! Healthiest way to live!