24yoF with too many failed attempts at weight-loss.

Options
Hello all !

I'd like to start by saying I never post in blogs, but here it goes. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and just recently noticed I've gained an extra 25 pounds over the last 4 years due to depression and stress. I am happy to say I've gotten past most of my depression and have learned to be less stressed, but my weight is making me regress. I am generally a confident person (I always wear what I want) but I'm beginning to hate my body. I need support and advice to lose this weight before I lose myself.

Thanks for listening,
Please reach out,
-Amanda

Replies

• shappapammay
    shappapammay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Depression is a big hurdle, but I'm glad to hear you're working through it, and making positive changes. :) Add me if you'd like
  • joechavez71
    joechavez71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Amanda

Getting over any kind of depression is an amazingly great accomplishment, very very happy for ya. Dealing with weight gain sucks, been there done that. Just take it day by day and stick to your plan. I'm with u , I deal with depression as well when I gain, so I know what ur going thru.
  • joechavez71
    joechavez71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have u tried oolong tea? It helps me manage my eating, and gives me natural energy. Any questions u have I'm sure I can help ya. Been fighting with my weight my whole life.
    Good luck and be safe
    Joseph