Creamy dill ranch dressing

Options
kristie874
kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
I found this a long time ago and sent it to my sister. I've never tried it but she said it tastes great! Thought I'd copy and paste it to share. :)

CREAMY DILL RANCH DRESSINGUSER RATING ADD A COMMENT | PRINT THIS RECIPE | SEND TO A FRIEND | ADD TO MY EATINGWELL
NUTRITION PROFILE:
Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Sodium | Low Cholesterol | Low Sat Fat | Heart Healthy
VIEW COMPLETE NUTRITION GUIDELINES »
Cottage cheese blended in a food processor to a creamy texture, while not traditional in Ranch dressing, delivers unbelievable richness with minimal calories and fat.

Makes 1 1/4 cups

ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

1 small shallot, peeled
3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons buttermilk powder (see Note)
2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
1/4 cup nonfat milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

With the food processor running, add shallot through the feed tube and process until finely chopped. Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk powder and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3 minutes. Pour in milk while the processor is running. Scrape down the sides, add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per 2-tablespoon serving: 19 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food
0 Carbohydrate Servings

TIP: Buttermilk substitution: In place of fresh buttermilk you can use buttermilk powder, such as Saco Buttermilk Blend; look for it in the baking section or with the powdered milk in most supermarkets. Or make “sour milk”: mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or vinegar) to 1 cup milk.

MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I found this a long time ago and sent it to my sister. I've never tried it but she said it tastes great! Thought I'd copy and paste it to share. :)

CREAMY DILL RANCH DRESSINGUSER RATING ADD A COMMENT | PRINT THIS RECIPE | SEND TO A FRIEND | ADD TO MY EATINGWELL
    NUTRITION PROFILE:
    Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Sodium | Low Cholesterol | Low Sat Fat | Heart Healthy
    VIEW COMPLETE NUTRITION GUIDELINES »
    Cottage cheese blended in a food processor to a creamy texture, while not traditional in Ranch dressing, delivers unbelievable richness with minimal calories and fat.

Makes 1 1/4 cups

ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

1 small shallot, peeled
    3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons buttermilk powder (see Note)
    2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
    1/4 cup nonfat milk
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

With the food processor running, add shallot through the feed tube and process until finely chopped. Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk powder and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3 minutes. Pour in milk while the processor is running. Scrape down the sides, add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per 2-tablespoon serving: 19 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
    Exchanges: Free food
    0 Carbohydrate Servings

TIP: Buttermilk substitution: In place of fresh buttermilk you can use buttermilk powder, such as Saco Buttermilk Blend; look for it in the baking section or with the powdered milk in most supermarkets. Or make “sour milk”: mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or vinegar) to 1 cup milk.

MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Wow, 19 calories? I am definately trying this, thanks.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oooooooooo that sounds so good too lol....I'm in ranch dressing heaven ...thanks so much!
    :flowerforyou:
    ali
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an awesome recipe! Thanks!:love: