For anyone that has lost 50lbs or more...

Options
Suggestions about exercise and diet... anything helps. I've lost a ton but I can't seem to lose the last 50ish pounds that I have left. I'm a sponge, I will take all the info. Want to hear from real people, not google lol thank you all in advance.

Replies

• quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I have about 15 to go after putting on some weight over the holidays and it seems to have stalled out much to my frustration...No advice other than to keep doing what you did to lose those initial pounds and have faith! I'm in this with you!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. Make sure you've reset your calorie targets to account for the weight you've lost (your calorie target will decrease, because it takes less energy to move now thst you're smaller). If you've strayed away from a food scale (or never used one), use one religiously for a week to make sure you're not eating too much.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 70 lbs with 30 left to go, the main thing for me is being consistent and doing my best to plan and guess calories before my day starts. I also exercise a few times a week, alternating between running, swimming, and weights.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've lost around 50lbs and am now several years into maintenance. I pay attention to my calorie intake, eat a varied diet and that's about it :) I haven't cut out any of the foods I like-I've just learned how to fit them into my calorie goals (and then I've found a few lower calorie options like diet soda instead of regular etc). I'm more active in my daily activities but I don't do intentional exercise like go to a gym or do videos.

I also do IF, which helps me manage my calories. Some people find it helps and others don't, you just have to play around with it and see how it works for you.

• roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and PATIENCE. It has been very slow for me, but that just means it will stay off if I keep going. Just continue eating at a calorie deficit and exercise.
  • lisaberger1
    lisaberger1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose 25 pounds following this diet plan: http://dietrev.com/bodyweight-burn-review
  • shadowlike
    shadowlike Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ladies, count your macros, exercise as much as you can recover from and enjoy your lifes. If scale stalls for longer, just cut some calories or add some exercise. And if you've been dieting for 3-4 months or longer, maybe some recovery diet (1-2 weeks on your maintenance calories) would help and kickstart your metabolism. Also addind refeed/cheat day is a wonderful thing. Eating almost twice my normal calorie intake once per week let me into losing over 110lbs since october 2015. These refeed days raise your leptin levels making weightloss last longer without stalling. Also they are something you can look forward to in a way that its easier to be on point for the rest of the week.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    keep doing what youre doing. tighten down on the logging, dont eat back as many exercise calories. use a tape measure every month or so if you are not already, as sometimes the losses show first there before the scale, for some strange reason.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I lost 90, the last 50 were about the same as the first 40. :) I did start pushing myself harder with workouts the more I lost and focused more on macros rather than just calorie goals.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Stay consistent. Make sure your logging is tight. It's easy to let it slack up.

Give yourself time to take a break from dieting and eat at maintenance for a week or two if you have been slacking. Sometimes, that gives you the mental clarity needed to come back to the losing phase with renewed focus.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Down 109 and counting here. There is no real secret to it. I lift weights, walk on a treadmill, and maintain a calorie deficit.

As others have said, make sure you are adjusting your calories for your new lighter weight and, if you aren't already, use a food scale to ensure that you are being accurate.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It took about 6 months to lose the first 50, 8 more to lose the next 50, and more than a year for the last 50. The final 5 has not been accomplished yet, but I've been a little looser. Stick with your plan and keep pushing ahead. You will get there.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some weeks I eat the same exact foods that I ate in the beginning and that are still comfortable to me because I know their exact calorie and protein count and I remember the success they brought me.
    Other weeks, I try to branch out to give myself more variety. For that I usually I add new vegetables or bring back in some that I had stopped for a while.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    alarmed123 wrote: »
    Suggestions about exercise and diet... anything helps. I've lost a ton but I can't seem to lose the last 50ish pounds that I have left. I'm a sponge, I will take all the info. Want to hear from real people, not google lol thank you all in advance.

If you lost a "ton" then you know what works and what doesn't work.
    Keep up the great work.
    If nothing else, do more cardio
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Be persistent. Drink more water. Sleep more. Eat enough to feel good, yet still enough to lose weight. It'll happen.