Feeling Icky Half Way Into My Workout!

Options
Hi! I've been working out on my treadmill and lifting weights for a few months now. The last two weeks, I start feeling slightly nauseated and a tad lightheaded half way in. I drink Propel during my workout, and no, I'm not pregnant (have no "innerds" anymore). I reduce my speed/incline or weights and trudge thru to finish my hour or more, but feel really run down and crummy when I get done. Anybody with the same problem? Any suggestions? Thank you SO much for your help!

Replies

• rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I feel that Way to though I have Rheumatoid arthritis.I now do 2 split 20 min workouts and it really helps.I would see a doctor to make sure everything is fine.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I agree that a doctor's visit is a good idea. Make sure everything is okay before you continue exercise.

In the meantime, don't do overdo it or do anything strenuous.

Light walking should be safe but get medical advice.
  • rynstn
    rynstn Posts: 9
    Options
    I have RA and Chrohn's...never thought about that...maybe it could be the reason?!?
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I agree that a doctor's visit is a good idea. Make sure everything is okay before you continue exercise.

In the meantime, don't do overdo it or do anything strenuous.

Light walking should be safe but get medical advice.

AGREED! Also make sure you don't exercise alone.. it would be nice to have someone nearby in case you don't feel well.
    Drink plenty of water and try having a banana or baked potato.. maybe you're lacking salt and potassium from working out so hard.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have RA and Chrohn's...never thought about that...maybe it could be the reason?!?
    my husband has Chrohn's....he get tired after workouts also...me..i got loads of energy after...talk to your dr and see if that could be it...also are you getting enough "fuel" for your body before the gym?....about 2 hours before the gym? check your diary and see if your getting your carbs in and all that....but yes call the dr and maybe it will only take a phone call
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Are you staying plenty hydrated before your workout? When we get dehydrated, we become hypotensive and that could be the culprit of the lightheadedness and nausea.

Either way.. I strongly agree with everyone else: Be safe and make an appointment with your doctor!
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome!

We're all here to provide assistance and support. Just let me know how I can be of personal assistance.

Hank
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    Have you tried altering habits before and during the workout to see if there are any changes? The first thing that comes to mind is possibly low blood sugar levels. For instance if you don't normally eat something have you tried to eat something light prior to workout? Or maybe other things can be tried if that doesn't seem to be the cause. Have you tried drinking just water and not Propel? Drinking extra water just before your workout? I realize that you may have already ruled out these possibilities, but I don't want to assume. I agree with everyone else here. If you can't determine the cause a doctor visit is in order.