Quick and easy lunch ideas?

Options
lucyyybbb
lucyyybbb Posts: 3 Member
Any lunch ideas which I can prep the night before to take to work?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sammich...salad...leftover dinner from the night before.
  • VCH87
    VCH87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually make: wraps filled with spinach/salad, chicken, fetacheese. Or a salad with: 2 eggs/chickenbreast, lettuce, fetacheese, walnuts (something carby can be added; ie pasta).
    Good question; ill be following for more inspiration :smile:
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad?
    Make a pot of soup and split into a few containers

I like to cook a big pack of chicken on Sunday and put it in the fridge so I always have chicken on hand to throw something together for lunches. Or make an extra serving of whatever dinner you're cooking and take your leftovers
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I frequently make a big pot of soup and portion it out for the week. It usually makes enough to eat for a week and freeze some. Add some fresh veggies on the side, and I'm done. On days where I'm totally lacking in motivation, I'll take a Greek yogurt, a banana, and a serving of peanuts for lunch.
  • Hertzlerkin
    Hertzlerkin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana sandwich, raw veggies,salad or pickles, yogurt.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like grilling up a few chicken breasts. Then dividing the meat into several zip-lock baggies and storing in the freezer. That way I have individual salad portions - Caesar, Taco, Harvest, Asian - so many salad combos.
  • michproca
    michproca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This week, I prepared Rainbow Chicken, a recipe I found on Pinterest. Very tasty and easy to prepare. (I divided servings into 5 portions so I would have enough for the whole week.) I love my salads for lunch but it was nice to have something warm today for a change. I added just a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette (less than a tsp.) because I was afraid it would be dry. My favorite part is the roasted grape tomatoes!!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make a huge pot of soup over the weekend. If I'm not in the mood for soup (rarely) or have really good leftovers, I will take them.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cook, divide, and freeze. In the morning I can decide what I want from the many options in my freezer.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I always try to cook extra at dinner, and use the leftovers for lunch the next day.