Can you look at my diary?

Options
Take today as an example. What would you change? Am I doing poorly or is it relatively healthy? I need any tips I can get!

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    what are you trying to acheive? Everyone is different and has diff goals
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i think it looks fine I cant see the sodium or sugar.......but I just change my oil to a healthier oil to cook with....and I got no sugar chocolate...
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it looks very good. I'd try not to eat ranch for breakfast, but since it fits in your calorie goal then I guess its okay. Also, the strawberry syrup is empty sugar/carbs. Why not have a few fresh strawberries instead?
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Try and keep your sodium around 2000-2500 mg daily and be sure to drink your water.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    looks great to me! a cup of onion is 48 cal? wow
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    Looks similar to mine so I don't see anything wrong. May be instead of egg, try egg whites, and maybe some sugar free sweetner. Looks good to me though.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think it looks good, though I would suggest ditchiing the iceburg lettuce for a darker green leafy, more nutritional bang for the calories, you know?

Good job!

Kris
  • sophiessweets
    Options
    Your diet looks really good and if it keeps you full and satisfied, that's great! I don't think I'd feel satisfied if I ate that many veggies though. I'm not sure if you're vegetarian or not, but [if not] how about adding some lean (animal) protein like chicken or fish?
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I think it looks pretty good. I could knit pick and say to skip the strawberry syrup, but I had a peanut butter cup today and a slice of homemade fruit pie, and I'm cool with that. Did you drink any water today and not log it, or not drink any water? I think that'd be the biggest thing.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think it looks good, though I would suggest ditchiing the iceburg lettuce for a darker green leafy, more nutritional bang for the calories, you know?

Good job!

Kris

^^^ I agree with Kris.
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me. I would switch the oil to maybe an olive oil. I love dark lettuce. The darker the better. :) I can't see your sodium % but drinking lots of water helps flush your system. Have you tried just plain almonds? Looks like you are doing great!
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    i think its wonderful but maybe u should try sugar free and add a little meat to it! :wink:
  • katrinab22
    Options
    Hey there!

I would say, kick that ranch dressing and the egg in the morning. You are getting plenty of protein during the day.
    You could also switch from iceburg lettuce to a spring mix, or spinach - these leafy greens have way more vitamins and fiber!
    And maybe try to eliminate that after dinner nut snacking, or switch to a lightly salted nut instead.
    However, you are within your calorie goals for the day. So if you are trying to change something... why not try to eat fewer calories a day?

Good Luck!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

Good job!

Kris

^^^ I agree with Kris.

Ditto...that was what stuck out the most to me. Good job on the weight loss so far!
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Regarding the suggestions to ditch the canola oil, I thought I'd add my two cents. Canola has some benefits, such as a good omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acid ratio.

Instead of switching altogether, why not mix it up a bit? One day olive oil, the next day canola. I'm a firm believer that dietary variety is the best solution. Health is contextual, and therefore depends quite a bit on individual needs and variety.

I agree with the suggestion to try dark leafy greens. Yum!! Otherwise, from what I see it looks good.