I'm willing to give it a try...

Options
corymomma
corymomma Posts: 405 Member
A friend of mine recommended I come to this site. I'm so very tired of being so much overweight. I'm willing to try anything. Maybe this will be the start of a new beginning. I don't expect it to happen overnight. I've always been overweight, and don't expect to ever be a teeny tiny girl. But I'd love to be able to walk into a store and find pants that fit. I'd love to not have to wear a girdle to make myself feel halfway decent under a summer dress. I'd love to have more energy. And I'd love to be healthier, and hopefully avoid the diabetes that runs in my family. I have trouble with diets because even though my boyfriend is super supportive as are the other people I know, unless you have a support group who is doing the same thing they just don't understand. I need the support. I know it won't be easy going but I'm willing to try. Thanks :)

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You'll find all the support you need here! Welcome!
  • lval82
    lval82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start! Feel free to add me!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This IS a new beginning. I have over 100 to lose as well so if you'd like more support, feel free to add me as a friend
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    good for u
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step - it's a hard one to take...we all know. Feel free to add me if you would like another friend to support you in your journey :)
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do it! There are a lot of wonderful, determined and supportive people here. Good luck, If you would like you can add me. I am online everyday
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You will be surprised at how easy losing weight can be with the help of this site. I just love knowing how many calories i am eating now and when i exercise it gives me even more to eat.
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Only you can decide if this is something you are ready for and committed to! It is SO worth it, girl!! I've struggled with my weight my whole life & have dieted tons of times in the past. This time is completely and drastically different than every other time because of my mindset. Myfitnesspal is an incredible tool! Feel free to add me as a friend! I will support, encourage you and help you out in your journey however I can :+)

welcome!
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every day is an opportunity to be the person you want to be... to start fresh. Everyone has their own struggles, but I truly hope you will keep trying :-) Be good to yourself and when you stumble a bit (we all do!) don't be too hard on yourself... changing my inner dialogue and being as kind to myself as I would be to a friend in need was a big turning point for me. I wish you much success!!
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    welcome and good luck! You will love it here!